• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] How does the Sure Grip plastic wear in for the Element

fusan

Par Member
I use the warrior for most of my overstable midrange shots and only have it in Sure Grip.
This plastic is very durable and the Warrior just didnt loose much stability over the past few months Ive been throwing it. Maybe I got lucky with this run of Sure Grip or maybe the Warrior just dosent wear in that fast, maybe both.
I needed an understable compliment and got an Evo/HPP Element and Im very pleased with it, but I relly like the feel and durability of Sure Grip. So since the Warrior is so durable, I thought about getting another Element in Sure Grip this time.
I have no experience with other Sure Grip discs so maybe I have I been lucky with this run. Would the S Element wear in and become uselessly understable faster than I imagine it would? Or will it hold up just as well as my S Warrior and hold its stability for months?
Tell me how your Sure Grip Element wears in for you.

It wears pretty close to KC Pro for what it's worth. My main putter was someone's upshot disc before I got it for putting, and it still holds a hyzer admirably. Looks pretty darn torn up too, but it's stiff plastic, so it seems to just be cosmetic.

The Sure Grip plastic varies over time as the resin supply changes. I've seen some great durable/stiff Suregrip discs, I've also had some that have a tendency to chunk and others that have a tendency to buckle/warp in the flight plate. I suggest you get one to try, and if it's what you like then order a couple more as backups. I'm guessing the Elements made during the same period as the Warrior that you like are made from the same plastic blend. If you want to be specific/detailed with what you get your best bet is probably to call Gateway directly and order from them.

The S Elements I've had are dinner plate stiff, while the S Warriors are softer with better grip, and don't get nearly as dinged up.

Last edited: