• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] hyzerbomb recon mortars now available.

discgolferlee

Eagle Member
Hyzer bomb disc golf in conjunction with millennium/innova have now released the mortar mid range in recon plastic. Champion type plastic.
http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/recon-mortar

I cant wait to try out the mortar in this plastic as I prefer champ type plastic for mids. I think gator lovers are gonna love this disc in a nice premium plastic.

I did a review on the mortar, panzer and tank a few months ago in case anyone is interested.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96088

Last edited by a moderator:
The mortar is a small bead gator right??

I believe so. Since Champion Gators aren't in regular production, this is pretty cool. I like the military theme that Hyzer Bomb has going on. I'd like them to come out with a production Champion Rancho Roc under a different name. Maybe call it a Grenade or the Bayonet.

i think this is going to be a big hit in this plastic. lots of gator lovers out there wanting the champ plastic. nice work hyzer bomb!!

308_1024x1024.png

Has anyone thrown the Recon Mortar yet and can you compare it to other over-stable mids? Inbounds has the Mortar's distance potential and Net stability somewhere between a Suspect and a Tensor, was that in line with your experience as well?

Has anyone thrown the Recon Mortar yet and can you compare it to other over-stable mids? Inbounds has the Mortar's distance potential and Net stability somewhere between a Suspect and a Tensor, was that in line with your experience as well?
i haven't thrown a recon mortar yet. hopefully soon as Ilove my mids in champ/z type plastic over the star type material. flight is VERY similar to the innova gator. nearly the same disc but beadless. very overstable and dependable in the wind. check my review out if you didn't already. went a little more in depth.

My frontline-X flies like a gator to me. Mine is flatter, slightly faster, AND more OS than my champ gators of the same weight. There is a bigger difference in feel than flight but mine is nice and burly. FWIW I do have better control forehand with the gator due to the stiffer flightplate, recon or regular frontline might be better for forehand throws.

i haven't thrown a recon mortar yet. hopefully soon as Ilove my mids in champ/z type plastic over the star type material. flight is VERY similar to the innova gator. nearly the same disc but beadless. very overstable and dependable in the wind. check my review out if you didn't already. went a little more in depth.

It is a solid review. I'm pretty sure that the Mortar is the old beadless gator mold but I haven't thrown the gator. I'll probably pick one up in the spring and compare it to a few overstable mids with which I'm more familiar.

I'll have a pink Recon mortar in my hands in the next day or two. Really excited to try this mold in the champion plastic. I've thrown a flat gummy Frontline-X and it was just as OS if not more than my CFR champ gator. I also carry a Zone in my bag primarily for FH approaches because it's beadless so I'm hoping the Recon Mortar will be able to effectively replace both the Gator and the Zone.

I'll report back after I get some time in with this disc.

I found a couple other reviews about the Mortar as well from CarRamRod and David Wiggins Jr. on the Hyzerbomb website. Wiggins says it is "a good substitute for a gator or over-stable champion roc".

I ordered a recon from Marshall street yesterday. They have it spelled morter so it wasn't coming up in searches. Search for hyzer though and it comes up. I'm just hoping these are relatively flat.

Latest posts