• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

in the bag rykurovski 2016

rykurovski

hey everyone, I've been interested in dg for a couple years now, but just in the last year I have started to play a lot more and build my bag. I just wanted to share what I have so far and listen to any thoughts or suggestions from people better than me.

putters: 6 hyzerbomb hard tanks
- 2 for putting only, 171 and 172.
- 4 ranging in wear from beat to crap to brand new and os, all 170.

I throw these up to 180, maybe 200 on a good day.

midranges: 4 millennium aurora ms , 1 hyzerbomb frontline-x mortar
- auroras range in wear from beat up to new, all 180.
- mortar is used rarely, only for extreme headwind or get out of trouble type shots, 175.

I throw the auroras up to 250, and the mortar up to 200.

drivers: 4 hyzerbomb frontline veterans, all 175
- 2 seasoned veterans, straight flyers.
- 2 new veterans, more os used for headwind drives.

I throw the beat ones up to 325, and the new ones up to 300.

I'm coming from playing ultimate, so the transition from Frisbees to discs has been interesting to say the least. also I know it looks like I'm a hyzerbomb fanboy. i used to carry a lot of millennium stuff because it was readily available in Texas, so I like supporting a local company. I'm just wondering if I'm on the right track to be successful. I like the idea of having consistent molds so I'm not adjusting my grip from disc to disc. I'm just wondering if there are any blatant holes in my bag, and if so, what they are.

thank you for reading my exhaustingly long post, this is my first one on dgcr.

- ry

I had to look these discs up not knowing what most of them were. It looks like a nice bag. If I were you I would be missing a firebird type disc and a possibly a more understable driver

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply! I actually just recently purchased a couple firebirds, just haven't put them in the back yet. good to know I'm on the right track :D

I had to look these discs up not knowing what most of them were. It looks like a nice bag. If I were you I would be missing a firebird type disc and a possibly a more understable driver

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Couldn't have said it better. As far as US since you like millennium, maybe a Polaris ls or jls would fit the bill. You didn't mention throwing style, do you FH much, if so you might be ok in the fairway department.

I'd add a pair of Orion LFs. A little more OS than your Veterans and a fair bit more distance. Plus, same rim (literally the same mold piece) as your Firebirds that you are adding, so they will have a nice consistent feel. Current run OLFs are really pretty damned nice too.

As far as a "path to success," check out the How to Build a Bag thread by garublador in this Bag section. Sometimes people can get a little crazy about following that kind of advice, but there are very good principles, especially if you're planning to start working more on your backhand.

thanks for the reply! I actually just recently purchased a couple firebirds, just haven't put them in the back yet. good to know I'm on the right track :D

Another super overstable option if the Firebird doesn't work out is the Hyzer Bomb MOAB or Innova Viper. Personally I prefer slower super overstable discs as I don't really have the arm for the Firebird with backhand. I carry the Raptor which is slightly less over stable then the Firebirds I have tried but I only use it forehand. I also came to disc golf from Ultimate btw.