• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I have seen the Buzz (or enter your fav mid here) light.

atison

Par Member
I have had my 170 Elite X Buzz for a while now and up until this weekend, was struggling to see where it fit and what all the Buzz:p was about. I would throw it on occasion and just didn't feel impressed with its flight. I started with a 150 shark for a mid which I liked till it got too flippy, now it is a finesse/anhyzer mid. Then I got a cyclone D 168 which I love, but it is more of a mid/fairway driver as it can get away from me and blow by my target if not careful.

Well, this weekend I finally put the buzz into the permanent mid slot and used it every time I would use any other mid. Even used it for every shot on a tricky par 5 that you don't want to miss right or left.

I am now loving the buzz as it goes exactly where I want it. I realize it needs more power than my old 150 shark, but I can still power it down and get a predictable fade every time. Now that it is beat up a bit, it also seems to glide a little better too.

So, anyone else just getting into a heavier mid for the first time. Give it some time. The sweetness of the Buzz for me is in the predictability, and the versatility at different powers and line holding abilities.

Please don't go all Roc vs Buzz on this post. This is a place to talk about the aha moment when a healthy weighted mid finds its place in your bag regardless of what flavor.

I'm traditionally a Roc guy but have really switched over to Buzzz. You can just get such a nice line on them. I prefer around 169 for drivers but love 175 grams on my approach discs. Now I use my Buzzz on most shots under 215ft and over 50ft. Great disc.

I have plenty of "Healthy Weighted Mids" To sell you guys. My bag has a 150 Star Roc in it and a few 166g Z-Wasps. I play on rough terrain. This means that you can not run up on the majority of your shots. From a standstill position I have a hard time throwing a 180 gram disc the distance that I need without sacrificing control. However I can standstill and chuck my lighter ones far and straight.

You know, recently I got a bigger bag (silverback) and now I'm carting around too many discs. I carry a Buzzz and I love it, but I'm sure I could get used to and love any of the other revered midranges. Sometimes I wonder if I need a disc between the Ion and the Buzzz, but I really just don't care at the moment. Of course, tomorrow, GAS will strike and I'll be buying all kinds of discs I don't need.

3 Z's? My disc says its a Disccraft Buzz...Damn it, I knew I shouldn't be buying discs out of the back of someone's trunk. I bet this Inovva Banchee is a fake too.

I have been playing for three years and the first year I was really in love with the buzzz. I had brief fling with the Roc(not what I was looking for) and when I had a bad experience with a buzzz(bought an Esp that only wanted to turn right, it must have been a dud), I went back to the first mid I ever bought. The QMS and I have never looked back. I have a small stockpile of these babies and without a doubt, it's the most consistant, best flying midrange that I have ever thrown. Need to throw to the left, throw with hyzer. Need to throw to the right, give it some anny. And it's dead straight when thrown flat. I have never thrown a bad QMS. If I ever lost one, I'd just pull out the next one. When I'm 250ft - 300ft away from the basket and it's a straight or a right turning shot I almost always pull out the QMS.:thmbup:

I carry a Z Buzzz and a Pro D Hawk. Both are great, but that Hawk is the straightest disc I've ever thrown that wasn't a putter. If I need a slight turn, I pick the Buzz,

Latest posts