• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova gators

Only reason i could think of someone "wanting" a bead is for added stability. Zone offers that without one. Is there another reason to have a bead?

the way it feels, I prefer a bead for this type of disc

i have tried a zone and don't like it because it doesn't feel right

have also tried a star beadless gator and did not care for it

the way it feels, I prefer a bead for this type of disc

i have tried a zone and don't like it because it doesn't feel right

have also tried a star beadless gator and did not care for it

yeah, the bead does help the "feel" for me too.

Star Gators are plenty overstable. It is a myth that they aren't durable or break in to fly less stable. For the most stable ones, look for the ones with a bead and 3+ for the fade in the flight numbers.

Champ, metal flake, and glow are very durable and only a tiny bit more stable than the Star. They are getting more common with tournament stamps for reasonable prices, but the older rare ones are quite expensive.

DX Gators will break in and lose stability like all DX discs.

Ok besides the flymart at the Memorial right now where can the Champion Glow Gators be purchased at?
I do have some trades if anyone has a few to get rid of let me know

Ok besides the flymart at the Memorial right now where can the Champion Glow Gators be purchased at?
I do have some trades if anyone has a few to get rid of let me know

i think the innova proshop still has them

Star Gators are plenty overstable. It is a myth that they aren't durable or break in to fly less stable. For the most stable ones, look for the ones with a bead and 3+ for the fade in the flight numbers.

Champ, metal flake, and glow are very durable and only a tiny bit more stable than the Star. They are getting more common with tournament stamps for reasonable prices, but the older rare ones are quite expensive.

DX Gators will break in and lose stability like all DX discs.
IDK Jimbo, I was really suprised at how diff (stability) the Star Gators ( had both beadless and non) were compared to the Champs. So much of a diff. I went and bought as many Champ Gators I could find at the time and moth balled the Stars. Heck, I still have me very 1st Champ Gator (6 yrs now). It's hard to lose a close in disc and the thing is indestructable in Champ plastic, but the courses around here are not as rocky as the ones in your neck of the woods. So I'm sure that makes a big diff.

Latest posts