• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Jester Peace Train

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
I've been trying to find a Mint Lobster or TSA Mana in my preferred weight (173-ish grams) for a while with no success.

I recently saw a post on Reddit that said the Jester Peace Train felt & flew very similarly to these discs, and that the poster was using all three interchangeably. (The poster actually said he suspects that they're the same mold, and all three are molded be MVP, so its not too far-fetched.) Fortunately, OTB had a Peace Train in Jester's Taffy plastic (which is supposed to be *like* Neutron) in 173g, so I took a chance. (I've seen some positive reviews of Jester's other disc, the Love putter, as well.)

While I wait for mine to arrive, I'm curious if anyone's had a chance to throw the Peace Train that can comment on its feel & flight, especially if you have also thrown the Lobster or Mana.

I received my Peace Train from OTB today. I haven't had a chance to throw it, yet, but wanted to commment on a couple of things...

1. The Taffy plastic is a bit more flexible than the non-overmold (i.e. Streamline & TSA) Neutron discs I own, but not quite as flexible as the Soft Neutron overmold discs I own. (Unfortunately, I dont any non-overmold Soft Neutron discs to compare.) Not sure if it's a special blend of Neutron for Jester or just normal variability in the plastic, but it's interesting.

2. All of the tell-tale signs of MVP manufacturing are present, including the weight sticker and injection points around the circumference.

3. The parting line is a bit lower than my new Neutron Echo (which flies like a seasoned Hex). I bought this disc hoping it would be a good US compliment to my Hex, and it appears that it will.

4. It's shallow, like a Hex/Pathfinder.

I'll update after I throw it, but so far, so good!

Last edited:
Looking forward to your update!

BTW, the Love by Jester Discs is an outstanding putter.

Looking forward to your update!

I had a chance to take my new Taffy Peace Train to the field yesterday evening. I don't have too many truly US disc options at the moment. I'm not a huge fan of super US, touchy discs, and have been a huge Westside Tursas fan ever since I started playing, so I've stuck with them. Having said that... I was able to compare to the following…

Jester Peace Train in Taffy (new, 173g)
Westside Tursas in VIP (beat-in, 175g)
Westside Tursas in VIP (seasoned but not beat, 175g)
Lat64 Fuse in Opto (seasoned but not beat, 176g)
Innova Mako3 in Champion (seasoned but not beat, 180g)

My mid game is based on hyzer flip shots that fly straight(ish) before allowing the disc's natural LSS to kick in at the finish, so that's how I compared. In that regard, the Peace Train flew between my two Tursas, the main difference being that it flew with less lateral movement. Released on ~30 degrees of hyzer, the Peace Train would flip up, ride straight for almost it's entire flight, and have a very gentle fade to finish just a bit left of the aim point. Released on the same angle, the beat-in Tursas would flip up, have a gentle turn to the right, then a less gentle (than the Peace Train) fade to finish straight with the aim point. Released on the same angle, the seasoned Tursas would have less (but still a little) turn and a bit more finish than the beat-in Tursas, so it would finish a bit left of the aim point (approximately as much left as the Peace Train). The seasoned Fuse flew with similar HSS as the seasoned Tursas, but with almost no finish, so it finished a bit right of the aim point. The seasoned Mako3 was more OS than any of the others and not a good comparison.

Anny isn't my strong suit, but I did try some gentle anny throws. For these, the Peace Train flew most like my beat-in Tursas. Both would hold the anny angle all the way to the ground. But, given enough height, the Tursas seemed to fight its way back to flat just a tiny bit faster. The Peace Train didn't seem any more touchy with the angle (i.e. turning & burning) than the Tursas, which was nice.

One thing I do want to mention... The Peace Train's flight numbers are 5 / 4 / -2 / 1. I would disagree with that glide number. The Tursas' numbers are 5 / 5 /-2 / 1, and I was throwing the Peace Train ~10ft further consistently, which was surprising since the Tursas is already what I would call "long for a mid". I own a lot of mids, and the only one I own that I would (maybe) say has better glide than the Peace Train is my Lucid Emac Truth, which is large diameter.

Summary: As much as I love my Tursas, I think the Peace Train is going to replace it for the time being. Not so much because of flight, but because of feel. The hand feel (depth, wing shape, diameter) of the Peace Train is closer to my other mids (Hex & Reactor) than the Tursas, and the Taffy plastic feels amazing. I'm going to keep my eyes open to try a non-overmold Soft Neutron disc to compare. I'm really impressed by the slightly more gummy (than standard Neutron) feel. I'd love to know if this is a special blend for Jester, regular Soft Neutron, or just regular Neutron on the softer end of the variability. Whatever it is, I like it.

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but after bagging the Peace Train for a month now I can confidently say its the same disc as a Mint Lobster & TSA Mana

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but after bagging the Peace Train for a month now I can confidently say its the same disc as a Mint Lobster & TSA Mana
I went to the PDGA site and compared specs on the three molds.

The Peace Train shares the same specs with the Lobster in 6 of 9 categories. It shares the same specs with the Mana in 4 of 9 categories.

Definitely related, but not identical.

Last edited:
I went to the PDGA site and compared specs on the three molds.

The Peace Train shares the same specs with the Lobster in 6 of 9 categories. It shares the same specs with the Mana in 4 of 9 categories.

Definitely related, but not identical.
Unfortunately, the assumption that the PDGA Technical Specifications are infallible or should be trusted is consumer ignorance. I can take most of my discs, measure them with caliper, and they will not match the specs on the website or each other, across plastic types.

Pick any disc, from any manufacturer, change its molding temperature and humidity percent while cooling and you get a disc that varies enough to send to PDGA to 'appear' as a different disc. Also, the PDGA rounds up and down; E.g. a disc that measures 10.6mm gets rounded to 11mm.
#TMYK

Latest posts