• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

John E McCray now sponsored by Salient Discs Pro Team

I know gateways moto for players is take what you can get where ever you can get it. With that said is johne dual sponsored now or is he exclusivly salient?

Dual sponsorship- Salient does not require any of their players at this time to be exclusive per a message from Scott which someone asked earlier.

Good for JohnE. Nice to see him getting some more sponsorship love. Clever move by Salient to bring themselves some goodwill by picking up a down-to-earth, popula,r "people's champ" type player.

Could be interesting as salient doesn't have anywhere close to a full lineup yet. I wonder with these signings how fast they will put together a more full lineup.

Someone asked the same question on facebook and Salient said "within 3 months" Not sure I believe them.

Note: I bag the antidote and love it for straight shots. I'm just saying that adding that many discs to round out their lineup seems a little farfetched is all. I can see 2-3 new discs in 3 months, but 6 might be pushing it. I would prefer Salient concentrate on quality discs and not just throw a bunch out there to round out their lineup.

Last edited:
We have been working on a number of discs for months now...we will have a beaded putter, one speed 11 driver, one speed 13 overstable driver, a speed 9 driver, another lid putter, and a neutral to understable speed 7. All are being produced as we speak.

I'm happy for JohnE, and will support anything that keeps him on tour!

He's not leaving Gateway - he's just adding Salient.

We have been working on a number of discs for months now...we will have a beaded putter, one speed 11 driver, one speed 13 overstable driver, a speed 9 driver, another lid putter, and a neutral to understable speed 7. All are being produced as we speak.

LID PUTTER!?!

:thmbup::clap::D

**PAGING Tbird** you hear?

I just want to say, I wasn't particularly hating on Salient, I just don't want them to have a misstep in overproducing discs just for the sake of rounding out the lineup. I have a Prometheus (don't bag it cause i can't throw it) and an Antidote (bagged for straight shots). I love the Antidote, I would like to see a 9-10 speed overstable driver and an overstable fairway speed 7-8, all Cryo plastic, or Cryo and Karbon. those are where my abilities lie and there aren't a ton of those produced (I am RHFH at the moment) My mids and putters are covered.

Salient needs to release a disc in their base plastic, Karbon. I've been waiting for that to happen

If you want an overstable fairway, try the Vein. I like all three plastics but find myself throwing the Cryo Stiff more than the others.

And let's chat about this lid. Overstable, stable, or understable? Come on overstable Piranha replacement...

I just want to say, I wasn't particularly hating on Salient, I just don't want them to have a misstep in overproducing discs just for the sake of rounding out the lineup. I have a Prometheus (don't bag it cause i can't throw it) and an Antidote (bagged for straight shots). I love the Antidote, I would like to see a 9-10 speed overstable driver and an overstable fairway speed 7-8, all Cryo plastic, or Cryo and Karbon. those are where my abilities lie and there aren't a ton of those produced (I am RHFH at the moment) My mids and putters are covered.

Salient needs to release a disc in their base plastic, Karbon. I've been waiting for that to happen

Hey Paintray,
Like Tbird said you should try out the Vein for those forehand shots. I personally believe you will like it. Feel free to shoot me an email so we can chat and I will see what I can do for you.

The lid is stable to overstable.....if you like birdies, piranahs or a sonic then you should like this

Well I hope it is helping JohnE financially. I met him at the Minnesota Majestic and I appreciate him making it up here for it. I get the sense that this tour is a real financial stretch though. The opportunity cost of touring in DG is high.

Hey Paintray,
Like Tbird said you should try out the Vein for those forehand shots. I personally believe you will like it. Feel free to shoot me an email so we can chat and I will see what I can do for you.

I'll try to pick one up soon in Cryo Stiff. I would like Salient to succeed.

Latest posts