• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

Noticed this in round 2 as well, the three backhanders all made it look sketchy to say the least. Kind of approaching that jump putt fuzzy, gray area of too hard to call in real time. Snagged a screen grab of GG just to highlight how strange it looked. Not sure if it was illegal but definitely was a bad look. :confused:

Certainly nothing illegal in that screenshot because it's still before release. Need to see where the feet are when the disc first leaves the thrower's hand to be able to make a call at all. The score graphics obscure GG's feet on his throw, but going frame by frame on McBeth, it appears his foot comes up about 3 frames before he lets go. The definition of bang-bang.

Dropping by to say I really liked Brian Earhart's commentary (in CCRO). Thought Fry was good, too, but Brian seemed to really facilitate their engagements, and did great at explaining holes, describing shots (despite him actually being a lefty, did really good with the righties), and acting as the color-guy for some holes. Didn't notice any awkward moments, either, so A++ for the commentator selection.

I only watched the final round vid after hearing what happened on the front9. Definitely worth a watch. Course is ok, not anything special but there are a few good holes. GG throwing mile high bombs that still somehow go 400-500ft is always entertaining.:thmbup:

Convince me to watch the CCR coverage. I have no idea what that even stands for, other than Creedence. What course is it on? Any good holes? Heard it was a good PMcB vs GG battle but thats about it.

CCR is the Capitol City Renegades. Local club.

It's a great course for Advanced players, even local pros. But when you get guys like McBeth and Gurthie, it just breaks holes. LUL There are several baskets sunken into the ground, decent mix of woods and open holes, and hole 18 has one of the best greens I've ever seen. However, with those two, it's a soft course.

Burchfield is one of my favorite parks in the area. Two 18 hole courses, each hole having two teepads and two pin locations installed at all times (aside from this major tourney) and each course has a very different feel. Unfortunately, Riverside (the other course) was so flooded, they couldn't play the more challenging wooded course. So, all the rounds were played on the more open course with some questionable par ratings (Eagles were far too easy for the top 5)

All in all, a fun tourney for me to watch with some great nail-biting competition between the top 2, but not the most difficult outing for them.

As far as hole 18's strange tee shots, the hole is meant to be played straight off the tee, fading down a tightly wooded tunnel at almost 90 degrees from the pin and dropping about 30-40 feet downhill. However, it's MUCH more likely to catch trees and end up with a 4 or 5 and a 3 is all but the best you can do. So, guys that can throw 500+ feet can just break the hole and go over the top. 98% of the world doesn't have that option for a 2, but it will make the 3 easier.

Convince me to watch the CCR coverage. I have no idea what that even stands for, other than Creedence. What course is it on? Any good holes? Heard it was a good PMcB vs GG battle but thats about it.

CCR = Capital City Renegades, local club based in the Lansing area. The CCR Open is their annual tournament. Was just a local tourney until recently getting some video coverage.

The course Renegades Trail (formerly Devil's Den) is one of two courses on site at Burchfield Park, the other being River's Edge. Renegade's Trail has two sets of pads and two sets of baskets for each hole giving players 4 options to play the course. Despite being in a heavily wooded state the course itself is fairly wide open. Also has some man-made OB's almost like sand traps with big rocks forming an enclosed area and sand/dirt/rocks inside it. Kind of sort of feels like a disc golf course designed to be like a ball golf course in some ways.

IMO, it's a good course and can be fun to play for any skill level due to various ways to play 18 holes. But it's not a great course with amazing views, has some cool holes and a few duds, but it can play pretty long from Long Pad - Long Basket. Good place to see the pros air some out.

PS: Does anyone know what happened with the DGLO? Jomez was scheduled to cover, but "they had to rush to get CCDG in to cover." Are our boys alright?

I would really like to see someone like GG or Paul on this cource vs a 900 rated Am

A "champ vs chump" with only ONE chump . . . the best in the world makes this cource look easy, but for me i probably would not be easy at all

After the CCR Open's Saturday rounds, the course opened up and I played it. I probably fit your description. Best drives are 300', but good accuracy and short game (when I'm on). Low 900's is probably about right. I shot a 920-rated round at Andrew Marwede/Reid Frescura's fundraiser at Vicksburg Recreation area only bogeying two holes but lots and lots of pars. That's usually what I do when I'm on. (They're super nice guys, by the way). It was my first singles event of any kind since 2006!

Anyway, back at Burchfield, the group of guys I joined were playing the short tees instead of the ones McBeth and GG and company were playing, but to the same baskets.

Hole #2 that McBeth deuced? The one you tee over the brick wall from the long tee? I took a five from the short tee (which doesn't involve the brick wall or even that initial turnover line you have to hit) and didn't play it that badly. I had to approach with a forehand roller after my second drive due to being just out of position to the left and it hung up in the shule so my 55-footer involved bad footwork. A five. From the short tee.

I ended up shooting a 63 for the whole round. That's the difference between somebody like Garrett Gurthie, whose Discs make a different sound when they fly, and a normal schmuck like me. These immortals are besting me by over half a stroke per hole without breaking a sweat, and their tees were even further back than mine.

Speaking of sweat, there was plenty of that, and mosquitoes too! I had blood on my XT Aviar after smacking my leg and killing four at the same time.

BTW, I'm the seated guy in the white shirt and yellow hat with a beard clapping during the Slomez sequence of McBeth's ridiculous deuce on that hole. It's a Discraft hat from 2002.

Last edited:
From the jomez community tab on YT channel...

https://www.youtube.com/user/JomezProductions/community
JomezPro
36 minutes ago

Our RV is out of commission! It has some major defects that make it unsafe to drive so we had to ditch it. We were very fortunate to even have been able to get into it in the first place but our luck has officially run out. We've found a temporary solution to hopefully get us through the rest of 2019 but we need your help. If you've ever considered joining our Patreon community or buying some merch we could really use your help now more than ever! We will be at Worlds next week and the rest of the tournaments this season no matter what but with your support we can keep bringing you the same quality you've come to expect from us. Check out JomezPro.com or Patreon.com/JomezPro to see if anything catches your eye! As always thank you so much. ��We literally couldn't be out here making DG content without your support!

I also just received yesterday a JomezPro jersey like they wear on the course that I'll be rocking at World's in Peoria, my first trip there, can't wait to see 5 rounds of McBeth in person!

jersey looks great!

Noticed something in that video that i feel dumb for never thought of before. . .everyone carried their bag on the LEFT shoulder, feels obvious but everyone at our club..including me have the bag on the right shoulder, feels super awkward to have it on the left

Noticed something in that video that i feel dumb for never thought of before. . .everyone carried their bag on the LEFT shoulder, feels obvious but everyone at our club..including me have the bag on the right shoulder, feels super awkward to have it on the left

Im not sure if this is the reason but I put it on my left shoulder for the reason of not hurting my throwing arm. Less wear and tear from picking up and putting the bag down 100's of times a day.

I mean....duh.

Im not sure if this is the reason but I put it on my left shoulder for the reason of not hurting my throwing arm. Less wear and tear from picking up and putting the bag down 100's of times a day.

It's also what one gets used to. I usually have mine on my right shoulder even though I'm right handed, because the water bottle is easier to get to. If the water bottle holder was on the other side, I'd likely carry the bag on my left shoulder. Now I'm just used to it.

I was strictly a left shoulder guy, until I noticed my grip bag was sagging toward that side from all the weight being pressed to the same side. I try to switch it up now a bit, otherwise I'll sometimes hang my bag overnight by the right shoulder strap on a door knob to try to even it out a bit.

I was strictly a left shoulder guy, until I noticed my grip bag was sagging toward that side from all the weight being pressed to the same side. I try to switch it up now a bit, otherwise I'll sometimes hang my bag overnight by the right shoulder strap on a door knob to try to even it out a bit.

It wouldn't sag if it was worn properly more often than not. Backpacks are designed to be carried with both straps using both shoulders. I admit I'm guilty of the one shoulder carry too, but I try to get it on both shoulders as often as I can. It balances the load on my body and it balances the wear on the bag as well. It's all about ergonomics.

Latest posts