• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Keen vs. Merrell

... I am a toe dragger ... Merrell Chameleon 4 stretch.

The Chameleon 4 stretch have no toe protection. You should look at the Chameleon 4 Goretex (which I just bought with toe dragging as one of the factors).

My last 2 pairs of disc golf shoes have been keens and merrells (both with vibram soles) and I loved them both.

I think I'm gonna go with the Merrells, I got out to erewon today and took a look and feel at the two outsoles and it was not even a competition about which ones felt better. The keens felt nice but the merrells felt like they were tougher, but i guess I won't know til I try them and yeah that is a hell awesome picture of those keens

I am a toe dragger and I have been through a pair of Keen (Milo I) and a pair of Merrells with a Vibram sole. Short answer is it doesn't matter. Neither can hold up to dragging a toe on concrete. Get whatever feels the most comfortable.

My next plan is to get some of the pitchers turff toe.

I am a toe dragger and I have been through a pair of Keen (Milo I) and a pair of Merrells with a Vibram sole. Short answer is it doesn't matter. Neither can hold up to dragging a toe on concrete. Get whatever feels the most comfortable.

My next plan is to get some of the pitchers turff toe.

I actually have that on my current shoes. I use Nike Roungbuks and was getting close to burning thru the toe about a month after use and I got the tuff toe and applied it and it has made my shoes last tremendously longer. I have reapplied it once since and I works wonders. The toe dragging for me is an issues but the Nike outsoles didn't hold up at all, the shoes are almost flat on the bottom and failed me big time in a tournament while playing in the rain.