• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Knob Hill HOD 6-26-11

Rol6566

* Ace Member *
Knob Hill Park in Warrendale, PA

Hole #7
Red 201 ft (3)
White 321 ft (3)
Blue 393 ft (3)

White Tee
baca6504.jpg

Basket to tee
3731b028.jpg

Hole is pretty straight forward. That basket is in the short position. It is uphill so the 321 plays like almost 350+

This is one of my home courses and have played this hole numerous times. I throw a Champ Orc to the right of the tree and let it fade in.

Magic or maybe a Fuse depending on the hill from there
Vulcan
Vulcan

First 2 I would hope to putt, but probably won't make it from where I'm at on the white. Blue I would be throwing an upshot depending on how far out and wind.

Finally one of my home courses. It's a little more uphill than it looks.

Usually throw a Leopard right at it (from the white).
Buzzz from the red, Beast form the blue.

Last edited:
The short red tees rarely if ever get played. They are just a 2x4 painted red and planted in the ground. Most everyone plays the white concrete tees.

Yay one of my favorite holes at Knob :)

From red I'd huck my Buzzz or Wizard.
My usual throw from white is a TeeBird just to the right of the basket to miss the tree.
From blue (which really puts the tree into play), I'd probably throw a hyzer line with TeeBird then finish off the approach with my Wizard.

This hole (#7) is really the first tee shot you can open up on. That (coupled with the fact that if there is wind, it is usually into you) has led me to sometimes griplock, turnover, or just flat out shank it into the woods. When I play it right, (from the white) I throw a sidewinder at the right half of the tree, let it turn off the tree, then fade back in.

Latest posts