• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 halo

A guy i throw with has gotten his hands on one in Gold-Line, he said it was as fast as a Boss but easier to throw. Hopefully i will get mine this week, i will give a report when i have tested it.

Mine came in yesterday in clear neon green opto plastic. 173g. Felt and flew more like a destroyer than a boss to me. I love the plastic. It feels lile beat champ right outta the box.

pssssssssst.... anyone been throwing this? I am probably getting mine on monday or tuesday in the mail, but just wondering what kind of flight you all have been getting out of it.

So i got in a few throws with my 173g halo at our weekly doubles on sunday. It was a great time to test because i also had a brand new 171g star boss and a friend showed up with a 174g ESP Nuke. about a dozen people were tossing all 3 for comparison. Here is the order i put the in as far as stability goes.
Most overstable was the Halo. Thrown flat with 400+ feet of power, it went straight for about 250' then carried a very long pronounced fade. It would not turn over under any circumstance, neither could it be hyzer-flipped. Thrown on an anhyzer line, it always came back fast. Just think brand new max weight champ boss stability, and then some.
Now the Nuke on the other hand was fantastic. Imagine a longer faster flash. The dome on it was very soft, which made it very easy to grip despite its wide rim. The plastic felt like a mix of esp and esp flx, but leaning towards the harder esp. Awesome plastic. For those of you who have thrown pro bosses, thats is what you can expect flight wise, when thrown flat with 400+ feet of power, it feels incredibly fast but extremely easy to control. And had a loooong S flight path, but didnt give me the impression that it would turn all of the way over. Stellar driver, definatly going to be a favorite of a lot of players.
And im sure most of you can figure that the star boss fit right in the middle of these to, which still makes it an awesome driver.

Thanks for the heads up... your Halo is in the Opto plastic right? I wonder how the Gold Line differs in stability.

Yes, opto line plastic. Which i will note, is quite nice, feels like beat in champ/z plastic right outta the box. Not quite as grippy though, felt slick in my hands, you definatly wanna make sure its dry before you throw it. Great disc but i chose to leave it out of my bag in favor of my 2 star bosses and new esp nuke.
Im thinking the halo has a lot of potential and will be great once beat in, but i just dont have the time or space for it right now. It is just to overstable for me, I can throw far, out to 420' and it still just feels to overstable to be usefull. But i am sure there will be a few out there that find it to be the perfect ammunition for the shoulder mounted cannons.

Just what I wanted to hear, I ordered a Goldline Halo on a whim hoping I'd have a driver that I absolutely cannot turn over.

just got a gold line 174g Halo...havent thrown it yet (13" of snow outside) but i love the feel of it...fairly similar to my pro boss

If I left anything out of my review just ask and i will do my best to answe.

It is very fast. But i would say if feels a hair faster than a force but a hair slower than a boss. The dome was sweet not quite high enough to pop and not flat. It did have great glide.

Last edited:
Hard time getting the Halo turn over?

Go for a lighter weight!
We made them down to 163g and all I can say is that the 165g is sweet and not as stable as the 173g tested in this thread.

Small arm, light weight...

Hard time getting the Halo turn over?

Go for a lighter weight!
We made them down to 163g and all I can say is that the 165g is sweet and not as stable as the 173g tested in this thread.

Small arm, light weight...

It's great to see you guys on this board. I love your plastic.

Threw my 172 gold line today. Wow, what a fast disc. I usually throw around 325-350' RHBH but this thing feels like I can hit 400' consistently, no joke. It's not as overstable as I thought it would be, flew like a worn in champ Boss. Actually, this best sums it up for me Boss:Wraith::Halo:Surge if that makes any sense.

Threw my 172 gold line today. Wow, what a fast disc. I usually throw around 325-350' RHBH but this thing feels like I can hit 400' consistently, no joke. It's not as overstable as I thought it would be, flew like a worn in champ Boss. Actually, this best sums it up for me Boss:Wraith::Halo:Surge if that makes any sense.

I really didn't want to hear that :( . I bought one (174g opto) in hope it would be a more stable than my star boss (which is pretty new).