• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Lat. 64 Mercy Comparison

Dbryant10

Last year I picked up a retro line Lat. 64 Mercy. I've been putting with it ever since, and it's my favorite putter. It's super straight out of my hand and has nice glide. I cant find any regular retro mercys anymore, so recently I picked up 2 retro bursts. They seem to have much more stability then my retro mercy and almost no similarities.
**Is there any where I can still get Retro line Mercys?
**What putter/mold feels like and putts similar to mercy?
(I prefer more shallow putters, but would try other options)

Warden is probably closest. Judge is very similar as well but has a bead.

Hit the retro bursts against a tree a few times and it should even it out.

Sounds like you used the lowest grade plastic (nothing wrong with that for putting) for a long time and you have adjusted to a very beat in putter. A new retro mercy may not be that different.

Thanks for the suggestions. Like I said, unfortunately i cant find regular retro plastic mercys anymore. I known discs beat in over time and typically lose stability, does that also help putters, that are thrown at such slow speeds? Thanks

Retro Burst is the same plastic as Retro, just different colors fed into different injection points or a sorted hopper or something.

The issue with plastics is consistency run to run, as disc manufacturers don't have access to consistent pellets. This is exaggerated in base plastic, where they're paying as little as possible, and thus consistency is out the window.

Working in putters definitely makes a difference, though I used to putt with the Mercy and never found they lacked glide new or otherwise.

Latest posts