• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc A5 400 vs 400 Glow

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
Follow-up to my other thread looking for a premium plastic disc to replace my Jawbreaker Zone. (Looking for similar flight, but more durability.) The Pridigy A5 was recommended multiple times, but I have almost no experience with Prodigy or their plastics.

I love Kastaplst K1 Line, so grippy & a bit of flexibility. From reading the descriptions on the Prodigy website, it sounds like 400 fits the bill. And it helps that the A5 in 400 is the plastic most commonly recommended as comparable to a Jawbreaker Zone.

OTB has the A5 available in both 400 and 400 Glow. Has anyone compared the A5 in these plastics? Any stability differences? The 400 Glows seem to trend as a bit flatter, if that matters.

Follow-up to my other thread looking for a premium plastic disc to replace my Jawbreaker Zone. (Looking for similar flight, but more durability.) The Pridigy A5 was recommended multiple times, but I have almost no experience with Prodigy or their plastics.

I love Kastaplst K1 Line, so grippy & a bit of flexibility. From reading the descriptions on the Prodigy website, it sounds like 400 fits the bill. And it helps that the A5 in 400 is the plastic most commonly recommended as comparable to a Jawbreaker Zone.

OTB has the A5 available in both 400 and 400 Glow. Has anyone compared the A5 in these plastics? Any stability differences? The 400 Glows seem to trend as a bit flatter, if that matters.
More in-depth answer here. Regarding plastics 400 feel can be a little bit of a grab bag in my experience. For A5s however you should be pretty happy with how they feel if you like K1. The last few years prodigy has been a bit more consistent with how blends feel run to run and the A5 is only a few years old. 400 is probably closer to the flight you were asking for.

My sample sizes are small (two mild dome 400 and 1 board flat 750) but the 750 is noticeably more OS, like a fresh Z Zone or so. I don't know if that's because it's flat though. 750 is amazing feeling, like Stiff K1 if you are into that. Careful though it may boot your premium zone. Then you may want to try an A2 for an extra beefy zone and your whole bag will get messed up. (I have been through similar circles countless times...)

I received my A5 in 400 plastic and just got back from the field comparing it to my used (but not beat) Jawbreaker Zone. Hand feel, glide & HSS are very similar. The A5 has a bit more finish/fade (no surprise, being brand new). The plastic feels great. I would put the stock 400 between K1 & K1 Soft in terms of flexibity. Overall, just what I was looking for.

Latest posts