• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64 Pro Bag

Been on the fence about a new bag. After reading this thread, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of the Lat 64 Pros this weekend. Can't wait to have all that pocket space.

I think there are a pretty limited number of potential customers for backpacks at this point, and the market is saturated with options. People love their Grips, Mahals, Rangers, etc. so unless these companies are going to introduce a revolutionary backpack to entice folks that recently shelled out a pretty penny for a bag, it's probably not a very lucrative endeavor.

A lot of people put there faith in Salient and Salient failed. the bag i have seen looks pretty bad ass just too many minor details that were messed up for me getting that bag. I can easily see innova or fade getting a backpack bag. They can build a bag for 30 dollars and sell it for 150 dollars. they willd o it. i might be off on my #'s just let me know.

Question for those that have one.

Can I put a hoodie or a fleece in one of the side/front pockets?

Thanks.

A lot of people put there faith in Salient and Salient failed. the bag i have seen looks pretty bad ass just too many minor details that were messed up for me getting that bag. I can easily see innova or fade getting a backpack bag. They can build a bag for 30 dollars and sell it for 150 dollars. they willd o it. i might be off on my #'s just let me know.

I have no idea what the numbers are. I just know the average golfer doesn't spend $150 or above on a bag, and most of those that would probably already did. I'm sure they could sell bags, I just don't think the margin is high enough right now to make it worth it. I could absolutely be wrong, but it kind of seems they would already be in the market if they were going to.

Love my pro bag. I have a grip and ranger and when I got them I sold my quad bags, except my lat pro. Discarrier gone, Revo Carolina gone, but the lat pro....I will not get rid of it. Great tourney bag or cart bag. Amazing space! Happy throwing!

Darren

Came in the mail today.

7c9cf6ce-da14-4ca9-af52-1cd705018b2c_zps0a1f50e1.jpg

Not sure if I would be a big fan of the side putter pocket. I am in a Innova Deluxe bag now and I want something a little bigger. Putting the putter pocket on the side seems to eliminate the 2'nd drink holder that most pro or competition bags have.

My need in a new bag include a little more room than the Innova Deluxe bag & a second bottle holder for the hot Florida days. I am on the fence between Innova's Competition Bag & Fade tourne.

Not sure if I would be a big fan of the side putter pocket. I am in a Innova Deluxe bag now and I want something a little bigger. Putting the putter pocket on the side seems to eliminate the 2'nd drink holder that most pro or competition bags have.

My need in a new bag include a little more room than the Innova Deluxe bag & a second bottle holder for the hot Florida days. I am on the fence between Innova's Competition Bag & Fade tourne.

Both side pockets and the front pocket are large enough to accomodate additional drinks. I know what you mean, but I usually had a water bottle in the holder, and two 20oz gatorades in the front.

I hear you with putting the drinks right into storage spaces. How is the balance of the bag with the extra weight in the front. Do you use the built in strap or quad straps?

With the extra weight in the front it seems if you just sling over the shoulder as I do on a slick dryfit shirt, the weight in the front of bag will make it slip right off.

I hear you with putting the drinks right into storage spaces. How is the balance of the bag with the extra weight in the front. Do you use the built in strap or quad straps?

With the extra weight in the front it seems if you just sling over the shoulder as I do on a slick dryfit shirt, the weight in the front of bag will make it slip right off.

Either way I had no issue. It's the widest, most non-slippy single strap I've ever seen. It's an awesome single strap. I eventually replaced it with a set of gel straps made for an electrician's harness that I already had from Menards. Definitely comfortable with that on also.

I mean, it's not a backpack that cinches up tight to your back. It's a giant square with one point of contact on your hip or back and sticking straight out from there. I didn't notice any issues carrying drinks in the front pocket, but it's not going to balance like a backpack will. The only time it really felt "heavy" to me was when I used the velcro straps to carry an umbrella around for 54 holes.

My wife bought me a Latitude 64 Pro Bag and the matching back pack straps as a Christmas gift last year. She picked me the black/silver color combo and I was very impressed with the quality of this bag. I live in WI, and we had a brutal winter last year. So, I didn't get out to the course until the last week of April. It was in the low to mid 30s at the time. Within the first week of play, I'd estimate 10-12 rounds, both of the side pocket zippers would no longer track properly. I emailed Latitude 64 sales and they got me in touch with Dynamic Discs. Dynamic Discs emailed me a shipping label and I sent it out in the same day. My new bag arrived within 2 weeks. Weather permitting, I played at least 36 holes daily this past summer and fall. The bag performed great until late October when the weather started getting cold here again. Last week, both of my side pocket zippers failed tracking in the same round. So, I contacted Dynamic Discs. I was told that about six months ago they switched manufacturers and the bags now have beefier side pocket zippers. This time, I emailed pictures and they sent me out a new version of the bag. It arrived at my house in a few days, and looks great. I'd rate the customer service of both of these companies as top notch. I really hate that this is an issue, because I really do love this bag. Once I get some quality playing time in with this new version, I'll update on this thread. Hopefully the problem is fixed. If I was buying this bag today, I'd contact Dynamic Discs and verify that your not buying an older run.

Got the new version of this bag and being the kind of person I am, the first thing I did was stress test the zippers. They held up great and I think this problem is now resolved. This bag is great, tons of storage and now seems very durable.

Latest posts