• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64

mdarket

I've been playing for about a year now, and I'm looking to diversify my bag a bit. I generally use Innova discs, with the exception of a few Discraft. I like the look of some of the Latitude discs. Any suggestions on which I should try out? I throw right-hand forehand.

These are the discs I own now.
Discraft Elite Z Comet 160g
Discraft ESP Nuke 174g
Discraft Elite X Putt'r 168g
Innova DX Aviar 155g
Innova DX Destroyer 175g
Innova DX Dragon 150g
Innova DX Leopard 162g
Innova Star Roc 180g
Innova DX Shark 150g
Innova Champion Sidewinder 161g
Innova Star SL 175g
Innova Champion Valkyrie 172g

Lat 64 makes several good molds, but looking at your bag, adding them would only increase the overlap and complexity. It may be better to reduce the current number of molds in your bag, at this time. It would be better to determine which molds best suits your style, ability, and game in each recommended slot.

As far as Lat 64 goes, the Core, Fuse, Striker, XXX, and Vision are all getting alot of attention and use. But you have all these slots covered already, except for the overstable driver catagory.

I bought a striker and my wife bought a river... both super floaty and straight with predicible fade. happy with both.

I throw a sidewinder, sl, and leopard and find my striker comperable.

I'd have to say the two most popular molds from Lat64 would be the Core and Striker. The River, XXX, Fuse, Vision, and Halo all deserve mention as well.

The Opto Striker is the best place to start and the River could be a good compliment to it. The newer runs of Opto Strikers (2010) remind me of an Orc while the first runs (2009) seemed more like a Leopard.

I am not a big fan of either the Core or the Fuse, but of the two it seems the Fuse is more versitile. The Core has too much glide for me, reminding me of the Comet. This could be useful for longer approaches if you have great accuracy, but I have a tendency to occassionally release to the right when I try too hard to throw straight. I need something that has a little fade just in case.

The Pure is a great putter but the Zero Line gets knicked up way too easily for my taste. It approaches very well (50 to 100 feet) at moderate power since it does have good glide and its LSS understableness kepts it from fading. It does make a great driving putter if given enough hyzer as it will hyzerflip about half way through its flight.

The Riot is hit and miss because of the inner slanted rim. It really depends on how secure your grip is, and if you do not have a secure grip that you do not overdo it and then griplock your throw. It is very Wraith-like.

I never got over the novelty factor of the Blitz; it reminds me a lot of a very overstable XCaliber. The L-shaped wing only feels funny in your hand if you intend to give it an anhyzer release. I found that it had tremendous HSS and would not hold an anhyzer line for more than a second or two. It gets very respectable distance on a spike hyzer though.

I cannot say much about the Vision. On the very first throw with my Vision, its incredibly high speed understableness surprised me, launching itself immediately to the right, and I lost it in knee high grass (damn me for thinking clear opto plastic looked cool). My Monarchs seemingly threw better so I did not feel a need to rush out and get another Vision. I have been told it is much like a slower, glidier version of the Monarch (because it has less lateral movement than the Sidrewinder or Roadrunner).

I really love the Opto Halo and if I was not completely rocking my Z Nukes, I most likely would be using the Halo has my main distance driver. It is great for flex lines and handles the wind decently. The plastic gets a little slick when wet, and the slight slanted inner rim may be affected then, but otherwise it is not noticable. Its flight is similar to the Z Nuke, maybe 20 feet shorter, so a lot of players are capable of throwing it. The Gold Line Halo has a lower HSS, making it more suscepitable to flipping, but it is far better than the ESP Nuke in handling winds. It is great for hyzer-flipping or mild hyzer lines.

If I needed to, I would feel perfectly comfortable going with an all Lat64 bag with the remaining discs I have: Halo-Striker-Fuse-Pure. I would consider buying the River, but first I have about 40 discs I need to unload because I should not spend any more money this year.

I want to add to my previous post -

The XXX is way too overstable to use except in unique situations. I have heard that beating them in helps, as well as using the Gold Line version. It is great for thumbers for straight ahead shots. Maybe a Max or Firebird are close comparisons.

The Trident is a love or hate it disc. If you treat it like a driver, you are going to be disappointed because it does not have much glide but is just as every bit overstable as the XXX. However, if you treat it more like a mid-range, it can be very useful, especially if you are using an all Lat bag because Lat does not have a stable to overstable mid. The Trident is great for thumbers as well. It does not get as much distance as the XXX (maybe 90% the distance), but it has more spiral and lateral distance. If you need a disc to thumb to the right, the Trident is better than the XXX.

Thanks, I'm thinking either Riot or Striker now. I want to eliminate some of my Innovas from the bag. I'm carrying more than I use.

Riot and Striker are the two molds that people seem to be mentioning most for forehands.

I like the Striker because it is less sensitive to mistakes. I use it for forehand drives/long ups.

How bout putting their line-up in a different light:

Lesser popular molds: Blitz, Trident, and Sinus.

This does not mean they aren't good. Just more choices in a saturated market.

yeah, or we could PUT them in a different line-up :D :thmbup:

more evidence that we're all addicted to disc golf, when we try to type "put" are fingers are so trained to type "putt" that we don't even notice it

I haven't thrown a Striker forehand yet but I can definitely say that the Halo makes an awesome FH distance driver as well.

Riot and Striker are the two molds that people seem to be mentioning most for forehands.

I like the Striker because it is less sensitive to mistakes. I use it for forehand drives/long ups.

I just picked up a river a few weeks ago and it has become my main driver now. I am a noodle arm and can throw a discraft stalker up to 275, a innova leopard 275-300, and now the river 300+. I was playing in a doubles tournament and had a pretty low tunnel type shot and i usually throw my stalker and land it 15 or so feet short. the hole is 289 feet. I threw the river and it stayed low and floated 30 feet past it like it was nothing. The glide on it is awesome and you can throw it fairly hard and flat and not turn it too easily.

I have a fuse in the mail now since i was so impressed with the river. Once i get better im sure ill move up to the striker

I bought a River and a Vision just a couple weeks ago, and the River is my new main driver. I'm throwing it just as far if not further then my Bosses/Destroyers, and with WAY more accuracy. The Vision I just use for my anny disc, as I'm a RHBH thrower. I can't get over the amount of glide they have, and the the gold line feels so money in your hands!

I have a gold fuse and core, and opto river, striker, and vision. I use my fuse religiously, especially in woods. 2nd favorite mid-range behind my roc. The river is taking up a place where my eagle/leopard would normally be. Those are the main two I use, the vision get a throw every once in awhile, but honestly, i don't see where you could mess up buying a gold fuse.

I have to give some love in this thread to my Gold Line Core. I can put a lot of different lines on it and it holds it well. It is becoming my go to disc between 270 and 340 where I have enough ceiling. I parked a 320 ft hole yesterday and over threw a different hole that was 322ft. It flys with the perfect amount of glide and stability for me and its shiny to boot.

I highly recommend this disc to anyone who has tried Buzz's and Roc's and can't seem to get them to click, but wants a reliable mid-range.

I just want to reiterate the glide that the River has. I have a opto and a gl and they both broke the 300'+ mark for me. My max distance before was about 280' with a teebird.

Latest posts