• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Looking for a Stable Speed 11 Disc

TN Teebird

Par Member
With so many discs on the market now a days I don't really know all the discs now. I haven't kept up with all the new stuff.

Ever since I hurt my leg I can't throw speed 12 or above Drivers anymore. Leg feels better but i can't quite get that explosion I use to. So I'm thinking about giving Speed 11 discs a try to see If i can get those further than my Beasts and PD's.

I would like to have something in between the stability of a PD and a Beast and can use in different stages of wear to cover many shots. I was thinking Wraith,but If there is something else out there that you guys would think is better I'm all ears. :thmbup:

PD's in different plastic/wear really should work best but there are LOTS of molds you could try, lol...

MVP Fission Volt- Available in light weights and easy to throw for good D while being stable--Only a 9 speed but could be "longer" PD due to lighter weight. The Photon is slightly OS and 11-12 speed but also very easy to throw.

Westside Sword - "longer" PD-ish like disc.

Discmania DD! S line. Even their P-Line is stable. It may start out a bit OS but it'll ride the straight to left stable flight.

Get yo' self a Wraith. I would recommend a Star or Pro in the 167-175 range. I've got a 160g Blizzard that I can bomb further than my Terns. This is mostly because I can get more spin on it since the rim is so much more comfortable and easier to grip. It is stable too. I can put a touch of anyhyzer on that disc and it still fights out of it.

Wraith or Discmania DD in Pro/P-line work excellent for cycling. That would be my choice, wait it is my choice. hehe

I bought a very slightly used Star Wraith off of here, and it is becoming one of my all time favorite drivers. Never thought I would like something more than my Terns, but this Wraith is special.

I would also recommend a Krait - basically a straighter Wraith. I've been pretty impressed with that disc. It's not as stable as a DD but very workable.

Yeah the WS Sword is a good disc (nothing like a PD unless noodled)
It IS pretty Wraith-like though.

Overall I would still reccomend the Wraith. To me, it is the definition of "Stable"

Wraith or Discmania DD in Pro/P-line work excellent for cycling. That would be my choice, wait it is my choice. hehe

Someone else who uses a P-DD! I have a flat top s line DD as well I haven't thrown much and my normal x out s line is beeftastic.

I had a 172g PPD2 that I was flipping over, then decided to bomb my 169g P-DD on a hole and it just rode straight and then faded, ~430 feet, something close because I parked the hole haha. Was really amazed at the HSS of it...

How do they season? Start to get turn and then just bomb even more? Nothing pro has ever held up to when I actually use full power and snap like my P-DD did yesterday, super impressed and DM's Pro always has awesome color swirls in it so I may just buy like 10 hahaha

Are PPD2s really that much more understable than the C-Lines?^

/threadjack

Thanks guys.

I know the two Local shops has the DD and Wraith so I get one of each and see what I like better.

Looking forward to more talk about this subject. :thmbup:

My list to try right now.

Pro,Star and maybe Champ Wraith for forehands?

Discmania DD - sounds good and looks good on the inbounds chart

Are PPD2s really that much more understable than the C-Lines?^

/threadjack

I had a 172g, and if I tried to put anymore than decent power on it, it would turn and burn even with some hyzer so I started tossing it to my dog haha. I threw it plenty around my yard so I know it wasn't all horrible form but it could've been a little bit.

I got an S-line after and I like it a lot.

I haven't beat a P-DD in enough yet to see turn, they are definitely beefy out of the box. I imagine they just get some turn and get longer like Wraiths. I have a P-DD and S-DD along with a stack of Wraiths.

I haven't beat a P-DD in enough yet to see turn, they are definitely beefy out of the box. I imagine they just get some turn and get longer like Wraiths. I have a P-DD and S-DD along with a stack of Wraiths.

For real? Yeah I've drilled a tree full power and it didn't even scratch it. So basically this summer (I've played since last may so my bag is finally all of my fav molds) I want to beat in DD's and my S-PD2. See how far I can start getting them out so I may not have to jump down the destroyer hole :p

Latest posts