• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Me throwing

Not too shabby, first one looked the best, you get a bit flat footed on both feet, and spin out a little on the front foot with the balance too far behind the heel. You can see your rear leg/knee come around in the finish instead of straight through, so you need to brace a little harder on the front leg to keep the rear side from swinging around. You also lean a little too far over the rear leg in the reachback instead of staying more upright in posture and turning further, keep your head over your shoulder and stay on your toes more. Keeping more upright/forward in the reachback should also help bracing on the front side so you don't have to move your spine back and forth which will result in faster rotation.

I agree not too bad at all. And after you lose that upper mid section you'll throw further as well due to being able to bring the disc in closer to your core ,etc. Hey... I'm STILL a big guy after losing almost 200lbs, so I know firsthand what it feels like throwing before and after losing weight. ;)

I agree not too bad at all. And after you lose that upper mid section you'll throw further as well due to being able to bring the disc in closer to your core ,etc. Hey... I'm STILL a big guy after losing almost 200lbs, so I know firsthand what it feels like throwing before and after losing weight. ;)

Yeah I feel you....I don't notice it a lot playing...but watching that and then watching me swing a bat in high school I'm like...we're is all my explosion.....oh wait that was there 100 pounds ago...

Hey sidewinder, quick question. Im thinking i know kinda what you are talking about...but is there a way i could get you to do one of ur fancy line diagrams showing where a pro is doing it right and where i'm doing it wrong?

Also, I feel like when I try to stay more upright I lose my reachback and start throwing big nose up hyzerz for some reason, any idea why that might be?

First pic you are leaning over the rear leg and balance on the heel, your leverage forward is already cooked if you are on the heel here, also you pick up the front leg too high and slam down instead of striding/gliding just over the ground forward. Middle pic is classic immovable horse stance, could easily push you over backward, but GG is balanced toward the toes athletically which move the shoulder/arm lower as the spine rotates on a tilted axis. Get off the rear heel and stay in balance. You can see GG's lower spine is braced on the front side, and yours is on the rear leg in the finish so you are rotating off axis.