• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Moonshine Ballista (not pro)

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I picked up a used moonshine Ballista last year to have for glow. I never got to use it, but we're playing a glow round tonight. I threw it a few times to learn how it flies. Wow. Flies great, just stable (not over or under), and plenty long. Feels great in the hand. A little more turn than the Enigmas I'm used to. Something like a Gstar Corvette, but with more drag … not as 'fast' to get to the end of flight.

Why are non-pro Ballistas not more of a thing for regular arms? (I know - we all wanna throw 'pro' to look pro).

attachment.php

Attachments

• E66C20FC-220A-44AB-8740-EE36BF698D15.jpg
    E66C20FC-220A-44AB-8740-EE36BF698D15.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
My 160 Goldline Ballista Pros became regular Ballista stability in about 4-5 months. I rather just cycle Ballista Pros tbh. However it's not a bad idea to have a regular Ballista to temporarily fill that flippy slot. Latitude has not made 160g Goldline Ballista Pros in forever though. Max weights take a couple months more to become regular Ballista flippy.

I've tried and tried to click with the Ballista, but it hasn't really happened. They're fast and long, but the Ballista is a finicky mold. It's hard to put the thing on a perfect flex line without turning it over too much. Once you hit about 375' the disc becomes erratic.

The Ballista also has a surprisingly dumpy fade for such an understable disc. Once it slows down it wants to crash hard. I've had better luck with Shrykes, or even Vulcans. There's nothing inherently WRONG with the Ballista, but I don't find it to be one of my longer discs.

Nuke SS is very similar. Super fast, marginal glide, lots of turn, dumpy fade.

I have one of these, probably my most used Distance driver rn. It has great stability for bombing from a hyzer.

Latest posts