• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Anode - AKA where's our driver? Seriously!

setthegearshift

Par Member
Why not start the discussion. So I'm gonna assume understable compliment to the ion. Any other speculations?

"The Anode is our new beadless putter. It has less fade on putts, yet is stable enough for long straight drives. It is also great for holding long smooth anhyzer lines. The Anode is a straight flyer, making it a great compliment to the stable Ion."

from MVP's announcement on DGCR: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52786

and the stamp is up here: http://www.facebook.com/PostID

from the specs it looks to be simply a beadless ion.. which is exactly what we asked for. now that's service.

Just as the Opto Pure rears its head, this happens. DAMMIT #PUTTERINDECISION2012

I'm wondering if these will be understable to turn right from flat (RHBH) at around 200' of power. If so, it might replace my seasoned DX Aviars.

I know this is all speculation until we see a profile shot, but if it has the same profile of an Ion, minus the bead, how does that rounded shape affect flight compared to the flat wing of an Aviar?

I would love a disc that flies like the 1st run ions and/or the 2nd run ions with the messed up beads.

Can you post the stamp here I can't connect to facebook. I blocked them in my HOSTS file because even if you don't have a FB account (Me) they install tracking cookies on your PC when you visit a website with a like button.

Mike C said:
Can you post the stamp here I can't connect to facebook. I blocked them in my HOSTS file because even if you don't have a FB account (Me) they install tracking cookies on your PC when you visit a website with a like button.
sure thing

anodes.jpg

Interesting stamp. I'm assuming the stamp is more about the flight of the disc and less related to its name?

Jeronimo said:
Interesting stamp. I'm assuming the stamp is more about the flight of the disc and less related to its name?
Both. Anodes can take any shape and facilitate energy transfer -- as I vaguely boiled down to myself via google. A neutral putter can take on varied lines, but those lines and the linear play of the disc emphasize a central focus, gravity, force.. you name it. So I took the concept of a gravitational lens, something that would guide energy from various entries into a forward-focused transmission. In the end, we had these little disc modules with beams connecting them, all sitting on a lens-shaped plane. I see a disc being worked through a lens with hyzer flip and anny pan-out forces in action, which are themselves gyroscopic effects of disc flight. It compliments the geometry of the Ion stamp and plays on the gyro + transmission vibe of the Axis stamp.

Of course none of that is meant to be plainly understood by the viewer; this conceptualizing is just a means of getting a basis that fits, preferably without being explicitly illustrative. Thanks, I love talking about my stuff.

I also like the stamp, really clean and gravitates your eye to the center. I was hoping this disc would be named "Quark" but beggers can't be choosers, thanks MVP.

Leopard said:
Jeronimo said:
Both. Anodes can take any shape and facilitate energy transfer -- as I vaguely boiled down to myself via google. A neutral putter can take on varied lines, but those lines and the linear play of the disc emphasize a central focus, gravity, force.. you name it. So I took the concept of a gravitational lens, something that would guide energy from various entries into a forward-focused transmission. In the end, we had these little disc modules with beams connecting them, all sitting on a lens-shaped plane. I see a disc being worked through a lens with hyzer flip and anny pan-out forces in action, which are themselves gyroscopic effects of disc flight. It compliments the geometry of the Ion stamp and plays on the gyro + transmission vibe of the Axis stamp.

Of course none of that is meant to be plainly understood by the viewer; this conceptualizing is just a means of getting a basis that fits, preferably without being explicitly illustrative. Thanks, I love talking about my stuff.

I'm impressed.

Latest posts