• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] My Avenger Took a Ride Up The MOUNTAIN!

discmeettree

Par Member
Threw a shot yesterday at Las Vegas Ski Summer Disc Course and the damn thing hit a chair, made a loud racket, and continued up the mountain on the chair. The lower lift operator called up to the top but the attendant up top said no disc on chair 77, DAMN, I thought. So I'm thinking it must have fell off on the way up hitting the bumps on the cable supports.

Now I'm wondering if I should order another Avenger 1.8 Elite Z Maximum Distance Driver or get something else. What would be a good alternative to this disc? I really liked it, it sucks it's gone.

(yes I have my number on the disc but nobody turned it in as of today. :wall:

Why do ski lift chairs run in the summertime? Does it go so high, there's snow on top? Or, is it just for lazy hikers?

Why do ski lift chairs run in the summertime? Does it go so high, there's snow on top? Or, is it just for lazy hikers?

It's a sight seeing type thing and also the disc golfers use it (we didn't) to get to the top of the course and play down without the hike up. The people riding it seemed to be having a ton of fun. :thmbup:

By the way, I think the term "lazy hikers" would be considered an oxymoron.......

I throw Avengers a lot. Similar discs to consider would be OLF's, PD's, and Strikers. Most people will probably suggest the PD.

I love stories like this.

In college my van was stolen and driven into a river. It sucked for like a couple of days, then I realized it just turns out to be a pretty good story.

This also ends up being a chance to try new discs :)

OLF? PD? What discs are those? :doh:
They're discs sold by smaller companies Millennium and Discmania. They're molded by Innova, both have Firebird wings, and are pretty much considered Control Drivers since they offer fairway driver utility but have a more distance driver speed.

The OLF is made by Millennium. It stands for Orion Long Fade. You'll see them list more as MOLF, SOLF, and QOLF with the first letter corresponding to the plastic used. M = Millennium (Pro in Innova-speak), S = Sirius (Star in Innova-speak), and Q = Quantum (Champ in Innova-speak).

The PD is made by Discmania and stands for Power Driver. The plastics are P-Line (Pro), S-Line (Star), and C-Line (Champ).

I have 6 Avengers of diffrent weights and plastics in my discraft bag. I must say each one is a bit diffrent mold wise. The ESP 150 and ESP FLX are flat meat hooks. The Z's and 170 ESP have dome and are long straight with a late fade. The X is domy and throws like my stable MVP AMP...turns but comes back out late.

So basically....what shot are you looking to replicate/replace with your lost avenger?

I like the grip and control of my esp avenger, but love the Z's for pure distance.

I went to Sports Authority and picked up a Champion Starfire as that was all they had that seemed similar to the Z Avenger. I got the same weight so I'll go throw it when I can and report back.

I went to Sports Authority and picked up a Champion Starfire as that was all they had that seemed similar to the Z Avenger. I got the same weight so I'll go throw it when I can and report back.

Starfires are pretty similar, but they are a tad faster. Good luck with it.

Wow, this 175 Champ Starfire is way more overstable than the Avenger (it was pretty beat though) it is meathooking on me. DAMN LOL

Latest posts