• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a new bag.

I recently grabbed a fade tourney zesk as an upgrade to my fade lite bag. Also grabbed the quad shocks and I'm loving it! Carries lots of discs, three dividers, big pockets that can carry anything. And most of all: good price. Others are probably good too, but I know tournies are great!

You don't "have" to get the Phenix quad-straps (they are very nice), but you can find others cheaper.
I personally use Lat64 straps. They were cheap (not cheaply made) and were more comfortable than the Innova straps.

*Edit*
This is my personal opinion, others will have good choices as well.

you can find comfortable durable military straps for 10 bucks on ebay

Good for the casual player. Not so good for the serious tournament player.

Just to make it clear to the OP:

The size of your bag, and the amount of discs you carry, do not make a difference how good, or serious you are.

The size of your bag, and the amount of discs you carry, do not make a difference how good, or serious you are.

It just makes a difference how you feel and where you finish after two/four rounds of tournament play.

It just makes a difference how you feel and where you finish after two/four rounds of tournament play.

I just don't want new players to buy into the fallacy that you need a $200 bag, and 25 discs to be "good," or "serious."

I just don't want new players to buy into the fallacy that you need a $200 bag, and 25 discs to be "good," or "serious."

agreed, I fell into this hole, buying a fade tourney a month after playing and a voodoo karma after a year. Didn't even know how to throw a midrange well. Now i know what I am doing, know my discs, and enjoy my bag every round.

Just trying to help add another 9 or 18 holes to someone's day.

I've been through Starter bags (Innova and Discraft), small bags (Squirrel Monkey), and bigger bags (Innova Comp). At my age and weight, I'm looking forward to a backpack. It's not because I'm serious or "good". It's because I want to be able to stay on the course longer without being so tired. Next step is a GGGT gocart.

I just can only hold ten discs and more than once every round i wish I had a disc that's in my truck.

Look at a Gorilla boy Squirrel Monkey. I can fit 13 max if I carry only discs, 11 if I use the main pocket for extras. It'll serve you well for many years.

I just can only hold ten discs and more than once every round i wish I had a disc that's in my truck.

if thats the case, the innova deluxe or Fade crunch are both good choices. The Fade crunch can hold 10 to 12. The innova deluxe, a bit more. and both can take quads

Totally agree.

I personally like to carry 25ish discs depending on course. For me, the Fade Tourney is not the right bag for me.

There are definitely people out there who can shred a course using only 5 discs ... and I could probably do that too, I just like to have specific discs for specific shots.

... but backpacks are the future. Other than Climo and Wiggins Jr. (who both carry Phenix bags), pretty much every big pro out there carries some sort of backpack bag due to the comfort.

Just trying to help add another 9 or 18 holes to someone's day.

I've been through Starter bags (Innova and Discraft), small bags (Squirrel Monkey), and bigger bags (Innova Comp). At my age and weight, I'm looking forward to a backpack. It's not because I'm serious or "good". It's because I want to be able to stay on the course longer without being so tired. Next step is a GGGT gocart.

I hear ya. Depending how heavy your bag is, straps could be beneficial. I really like the ingenuity of player's cheap backpack conversions. I just like stickin' it to the companies that charge way too much for their product. It's like Coach purses. My wife's purse cost $25 at K-mart. She's had it for years. You don't need to be the cool guy with the expensive "Coach" DG bag to be comfortable. (Can you imagine if Coach really did make a DG bag?)

I can recommend a FADE Tourney bag! I own a Zesk edition, and I've been really happy with the size and durability. I haven't experienced any back issues or fatigue, and I play pretty often. I really appreciate the big pockets and two bottle holders when playing multiple rounds back to back.

It's light enough that it isn't a hassle to carry on days when you deploy a smaller arsenal (10-12 discs), and is fairly comfortable to use up to 20 discs or so. I paired it with some old backpack straps I pulled off a ball golf bag.

Fade Tourney.
/end thread

If you're looking for up to 20 discs. Go with the Fade Tourney.

Before I got my Grip, I used a Fade Crunch Box and it was fantastic. Great customer service, too. My strap clip broke one round and I emailed customer service and two days later I had a brand new strap and and a heavy duty Fade-logo'd bottle opener (still is on my keychain).

Great company.

If you're looking for up to 20 discs. Go with the Fade Tourney.

Before I got my Grip, I used a Fade Crunch Box and it was fantastic. Great customer service, too. My strap clip broke one round and I emailed customer service and two days later I had a brand new strap and and a heavy duty Fade-logo'd bottle opener (still is on my keychain).

Great company.

I use a Crunch Box with Quads for smaller courses ... feels like you're wearing nothing!

Just save your nickels and dimes and get a Mojo or a Karma. Two of the best bags out there. Not to mention if you only play casual rounds for the rest of you DG days they will last FOREVER, never have to buy another one. And if you want to get something else they will retain a resale value even used...as far as quads go I got the DGA gel straps and they are decent enough for me but I'm not to picky about that aspect since I've been told I have a strong back and a weak mind lol

If you want one right now.. do what others are suggesting and get a Fade Tourney. I got mine back in September along with Phoenix Quads and it's a great combination. Plus people always say how they like the patches on my bag and are surprised to find out I didn't put them there, they came on the bag Haha I play 6-7 casual rounds a week and my bag is holding up great.

Latest posts