• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course coming in 2014 at Frank Liske Park in Concord, NC

RedBear23

Bogey Member
I have read on the Cabarrus County parks website that a proposed 18 hole disc golf course had been approved to be built at Frank Liske Park off of Highway 49 in Concord sometime this year. Has anyone from the area heard anything else more concrete about it?

I think I heard the amazing Russell Schwarz is designing...

thats very close to my parents house

I heard that Russell has been so amazing that his final designs have to approved now. So hopefully it wouldn't be too bad.

BraveThrower is in the know about this. From what I remember, this is supposed to be a pretty open course and not as challenging as could be. The good news is that it is another course for the area.

I am a Park Ranger for Cabarrus County Parks & I have been told that the target date for the course to be completed is May 1st. That does not mean that it will happen by then bu that should be a good range for when the course will be completed. The course is going to be very open with lots of distance. The lake and most of the woods in that area of the park will not be in play since there is already so much pedestrian traffic in that part of the park. It should be an interesting addition to the DG scene in the Charlotte area.

I am a Park Ranger for Cabarrus County Parks & I have been told that the target date for the course to be completed is May 1st. That does not mean that it will happen by then bu that should be a good range for when the course will be completed. The course is going to be very open with lots of distance. The lake and most of the woods in that area of the park will not be in play since there is already so much pedestrian traffic in that part of the park. It should be an interesting addition to the DG scene in the Charlotte area.

Man, I was hoping that it would be here sooner rather than later. :\

yea 4 months is a long time to wait I know..........

sdDIG5K_zps46aeda1c.gif

From 1999 through 2003 I pitched disc golf to them. They kept stringing me on year by year. I had a scenario where they could do pay to play, only $1 or $2 per round that would repay them for their investment and provide money for maintenance. I hate that they weren't really serious with me because I put in a ton of time with proposals and designs and then all the meetings, only to see nothing happen. I hope it works out for them this time.

I rode out to Frank Liske Park today and found Tee & Pin location flags, It appears that they have stayed away from the lake side of the park, most holes are in the open fields as you come in the park and also in the wooded area near the baseball & soccer fields on the Stough road side of the park. I could not find all the holes as it appears some of the flags may have been taken. Also noticed there were spots that are going to have trees planted for safety purposes. Just wanted to give an update and personally I can't wait for a new course especially since it 5 minutes from my house & work, can you say lunchtime round!

Yea it's not near the lake at all. When I get my laptop back I will post the course map that I was given.

I'll give you the hole rundown.

2 really good holes
4 good holes
3 par 4's with absolutely no real landing area
3 holes that are way to easy
2 holes that you'll forget the moment you play them
3 holes with a fairway so tight Climo couldn't throw a mini down it
1 hole that makes you want to leave the course immediately

2 really good holes
4 good holes

Sounds like it has all the makings of some 5-star reviews from the locals. Not because it's a great course, but because it will suddenly be their home course.

2 really good holes
4 good holes

So you've played a Russell course before?

Pads are in. Just waiting on baskets to be installed. I have been told Rotary club will do it as a workday