• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new guy...

Tiggere

My son and I stopped at a local Disc Golf course on the way home Saturday...two guys there let us play a hole using their discs and explained in general how to play to game...so Sunday we bought three discs each to learn to play the game with...today was our first game and we both really enjoyed it...we were only throwing maybe 75 feet max as we were not throwing correctly...we didn't lose any but did have to climb a tree or two to retrieve a disc...all in all it was a fun day and we will definitely be playing again...already found our local club and plan to do a meetup with them for a round and a bunch of pointers...

My discs:
Innova Dragon 8/5/-2/2
Innova CRO 5/3/0/2
Innova Avair 2/3/0/1

The dragon didn't throw very well for me with a RHFH throw...kept going well left...once I got home I found out that it wants to be thrown hard and I was babying it too much...I took it to the local school and threw it RHBH (with the proper grip) and it went around 275 ft (google earth measurement) and perfectly straight with a soft right hand finish...needless to say I am anxious to now go try it again on our local course...

Sons discs:
Innova Beast-X 10/5/-2/2
Innova Cheetah 6/4/-2/2
Innova Aero 3/6/0/0

All I know is if he ever learns to throw properly then he will kill the beast!! He is 11 and made some truly awesome throws with that disc...anyhow...great to be here...

Welcome. Putters and mids are your best friends drivers arent a huge deal until you can really throw but sounds like you're on the right track. Lots of good advice around here and info to take in when new. Have fun! Cool to hear you're out throwing with your son.

Welcome from Upper Michigan (Calumet)!
Playing disc golf with a young son is awesome.

Latest posts