• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New player saying Hi!( I have a Question )

Hello everyone, I'm a new disc golf player that just started a few week ago. So far it's been great and really helped me with the motivation to go out and exercise( and having fun while doing so )

I would be lying If I did not say that most my brain power recently have been focused on disc golf one way or another.

I can honestly say I have no talent and my game is more than terrible but still I'm improving every time I play. So hopefully not for long. My long term goal is to be able just to rip a disc like the veterans of the game does. It looks amazing, and I bet the feeling must be great.:)

In the short time I've been playing I learned the game is more complicated than you first think, and it's not always easy to understand the information you get when watching all the instructional videos. Example, the "reach back" is not so much of a reach back with your arm, more a series of footwork that leads to your arm being reached back.

So I have a question about the pull trough. When getting into the reached back position do you actually pull your arm back, or more so use your hips and weight transfer to move the disc forward and then just bend your arm to get into the power pocket and then open to release?

I turn my hips, which forces my shoulder to turn, which forces my arm to come along for the ride.

Good for distance, GREAT for not having a sore arm because your arm muscles aren't really doing work.