• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Video Series: NOVA P

Nova P

People have been talking a lot lately about MVP, Axiom, and Streamline's putters, so over the winter I've been working on a series of videos in which I throw a nine-hole round with each of them.

It's called Nova's One-disc Video Anthology of Putters, or N.O.V.A. P.

Get it?

Anyway, it's planned to run for twelve videos, with a new video every Monday and Thursday, and the first two are on YouTube, and the remainder are well into production. A few future videos will co-star Team MVP teammate Kimberly Giannola, and the plan is to feature (in no particular order) the Electron Atom, Proton Envy, Neutron Proxy, Neutron Anode, Proton Spin, Proton Pilot, Electron Anode, Neutron Ohm, Stabilizer (plastic TBA) and Ion (plastic TBA).

The first video covers the Neutron Entropy.

The second video is about the Neutron Particle.

I was thinking the Envy could juice a little more distance.

I just couldn't get it to go. It's got a relatively low glide number compared to some of the others I have thrown in this series, and I think it is deserved.

It's Monday, so here comes another episode of Nova's One-disc Video Anthology of Putters! In this episode, I throw a Streamline Proton Pilot in the snow. Check it out!

It's Thursday, so here comes the next video in the series, today featuring the Axiom Neutron Proxy!

Seems like for you the Proxy was by and large longer than the Envy. That's interesting because to me it was reversed. Maybe because of the added stability I subconsciously threw it harder?

Seems like for you the Proxy was by and large longer than the Envy. That's interesting because to me it was reversed. Maybe because of the added stability I subconsciously threw it harder?

Could be that the Envy handles being thrown hard better than the Proxy does.

The Envy is the weirdest disc for me, particularly since it has such a large and devoted fan base. (Maybe I'm bad, dunno.) I have trouble with the reliability of the Envy-- by that I mean that one time in five when I give it a goodly yeet going for some distance with a little hyzer on it, it decides to tip right and just keep on keepin' on to the right, and never returns to the center. That 20% chance of mis-yeet is a killer in competition, so I don't bag it. I only bag discs that I can trust.

It could be that I just turn the Envy over one time in five because my form is poop, though. I'm not going to pretend that I always hit my line.

The Proxy, on the other hand, I know it wants to head for the right, so it's never a surprise. And it does it in a way that I can control and rely upon, and that's huge for me. Plus it seems like it has more glide or loft or somesuch than the Envy, or at least is less afraid to be in the air. The Envy always feels like it's in a hurry to get to the ground for me.

Still, the best measure of a disc's worth is how it performs for the person throwing it! I'm glad you get good D out of the Envy. I might even be a little. . . envious.

Could be that the Envy handles being thrown hard better than the Proxy does.

The Envy is the weirdest disc for me, particularly since it has such a large and devoted fan base. (Maybe I'm bad, dunno.) I have trouble with the reliability of the Envy-- by that I mean that one time in five when I give it a goodly yeet going for some distance with a little hyzer on it, it decides to tip right and just keep on keepin' on to the right, and never returns to the center. That 20% chance of mis-yeet is a killer in competition, so I don't bag it. I only bag discs that I can trust.

It could be that I just turn the Envy over one time in five because my form is poop, though. I'm not going to pretend that I always hit my line.

The Proxy, on the other hand, I know it wants to head for the right, so it's never a surprise. And it does it in a way that I can control and rely upon, and that's huge for me. Plus it seems like it has more glide or loft or somesuch than the Envy, or at least is less afraid to be in the air. The Envy always feels like it's in a hurry to get to the ground for me.

Still, the best measure of a disc's worth is how it performs for the person throwing it! I'm glad you get good D out of the Envy. I might even be a little. . . envious.

I actually chucked at your last line.

You definitely aren't bad, I think my BH form is weird. Could be release angles but I throw discs that are more OS straighter than people who throw similar distances.