• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Newer player disc advice leopard vs leopard 3 vs valkyrie

A stand still or stepping in like a batter works really well when starting out to work on hip engagement and pulling across your chest in a straight line. I did a 1-step approach fo several months and still do on certain holes. For something between your 2 discs I would look hard at a either a star or champ sidewinder. At 250' of power a sidewinder will do some work for you.

Love the Star Leo I got! Played a round with my buddy the other day and just did all standstill shots and ended up beating him! Getting a sweet S out of the leo and the star version has a really nice control so it always comes back for my power.

Thought I'd let you guys know that I'm really starting to get everything dialed in now using a standstill throw. I've beat my buddy again and this time it was in some challenging wind!

For the first time I think I had a great opportunity to use my faster/more stable discs. It was really windy yesterday and on a couple holes there was a left to right crosswind, meaning everything was flipping and sailing to the right more than normal. I decided what the heck, why not bust out the Beast and the Destroyer so I can use the discs to fight the wind. I had probably one of my best throws ever with the Beast because it was just enough faster and more stable that I got that sweet S curve throwing a flat/slight anni shot with the wind. It was a thing of beauty and a 'clicking' moment for me in actually figuring out my discs and flights. The Beast fought back to the left at the end to bring it right back in line even with the wind pushing it out to the right.

Not to mention I'm pretty consistently getting 250'+ throws now with my drivers. I'm pretty sure I've even gone over 300' in some situations, but thats usually because I put too much anni on it and it ends up drifting to the right more than I want, but still gives me a decent upshot. Got hole 18 in 3, I think for the first time, when usually takes me 4 or 5 and that had a strong crosswind going on too.

Latest posts