• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Normal stability disc for Thumber? (Kaxe)

SpiderWaffle

Bogey Member
Anyone tried this? I was looking for a thumber disc with less 1.7cm rim thickness for better grip and the Kaxe happen to be one of the best options. Low and behold it's actually from a well recieved new company and the kaxe is their flagship favorite a lot people really like. Furthermore the plastic options they have, K1 and K2, are both touted for their excellent grip which really matters.

So far a Banshee is the best option I've found but the 1.7cm rim is a bit much for me and don't feel a great grip with CE plastic.

I throw tomahawks about 340' with a 175g CE banshee and really love it. But don't feel a secure grip with it on thumbers since have fairly small hands and thin fingers/thumbs. I'm never expecting my thumber to match my tomahawk but it would be a nice utility shot to have for up to ~290' since I have the overhand motion and power from other sports.

I've tried a whippet-X before but it's extra wide diameter and extra body height made it catch too much wind and general air resistence while flipping around with the violent flight path of an overhand throw. So I really like that the kaxe is the absolute minimum 21.0cm and 1.9cm height is good too.

It's just not incredibly stable but is rated for 304' distance at least

Here's some options, all have their shortcomings
http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR5135032833861174298702040913O

What do people think?

PS. Gstar banshee is temping for the grip but I find a rigid plastic works more consistently for these types of throws with lots of power and wrist snap, also puts me in a bind between K1 or K2 plastic.

I do not throw anything but approaches tommy so i lack your distance. The stability might not be enough for you. The Kaxe is not tve easiest to grip so fondling one might be good. The Banshee is a little more os so the Kaxe could in theory roll quicker so the extra speed could be marred by not flying upside down as long as the Banshee so who knows which would go farther. A good Swedish tommy disc is Lat 64 XXX.

I agree with JR. The Kaxe has a pretty beefy rim. It is half mid-range and half fairway. That K1 plastic is excellent though. I haven't touched K2.