• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] orcs vs. wraiths

orc vs wraith

• Total voters
Both are great discs. I throw wraiths right now because orcs overlap more with the pds I carry.

orc

my average drive is 300

max out at 350-360

orc is more predicatable and has better control

on sunday, i threw the orc on the tiniest of hyzer-flips, nearly laser straight, almost no fade at the end, 320' downhill, parked literally under the basket. AWESOME!!

on sunday, i threw the orc on the tiniest of hyzer-flips, nearly laser straight, almost no fade at the end, 320' downhill, parked literally under the basket. AWESOME!!

If you had thrown a wraith it would have been an ace with the extra glide :doh:

Wraith.

I vote Wraith, but here's why:

The Star CFR Augusta Wraiths (which apparently now command like $50, sadly) are a little different disc for me than a normal Star Wraith. I have and have thrown normal Star Wraiths and the 2 06 Augusta Star Wraiths are way better. They are every bit as long, are just the right stability--regular star wriaths are a bit too overstable for my taste in max weight--and don't change flight much even if you hit every tree on the course with them....and even some roads.

That Star plastic is way more durable than other Star.

My next favorite Wraith is the Pro Wraith.

When the Wraith came out, the Pro Wraith was the equivelent of the R-Pro Boss in that it was THE long flying disc. And unlike the R-Pro Boss, it didn't beat in absurdly fast.

If I didn't carry a Pro Boss for max-D I would carry my Augusta Star Wraith over any of the other max-d drivers on the market today.

i throw the orc for a predictable fade. i like the way it just flattens out when you give it a good chuck, always fades at the end.

I like the champ dayglo wraith I have for FH that is just dead straight with a monster skip. I can't do much backhand with it though.

Wraith is the best overall

I throw a lot of Innova discs, and own both a Wraith and an Orc. In fact I own 3 Wraiths, and in my opinion, the Wraith is the best [Innova] disc that there is out there. With all things considered on how a disc can be thrown, consistency, accuracy, distance and speed, a new Wraith is crucial for all disc golfers.

I don't throw either (Striker or Flow for me) but I did throw Orcs for a long time, and Wraiths periodically. Orcs seem more consistent from run to run than Wraiths do. I have an X-Out Champ Wraith on my dying table now that's super flat and flies like a speed 11 sidewinder. Whereas I've owned 6 or so Orcs, and 5 of them flew exactly how I thought they would.

Add to that the premium options, (I like to spoil myself). Pearly flat Orcs are the best out there, and are still well under $20 most times. Augusta Wraiths are awesome, but are expensive.

Latest posts