• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pendaries Spring Classic, A-Tier, Maple Hill Open & USADGC Qualifier

mfcastillo17

Eagle Member
This year's Pendaries Spring Classic has been approved for A-Tier Status. We will be the first A-Tier ever in New Mexico.

We are also a Maple Hill Open (formerly Vibram Open) and USADGC qualifier.

April 25-27, 2014 at Pendaries Village DGC in Rociada, NM. Beautiful course set up on a ball golf course at 7500ft elevation.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4860

Hope to see many of you there! Registration will open in early January!

Yes. More impressive than the eagle was the circle 4 he took the first round. Threw his drive OB, then parked his 3rd shot for a drop in birdie with a penalty stroke.

But we have moved the basket back about 100 ft into a much tougher position since then and it hasn't been eagled in its new spot. If it was in the old location, I'm sure Joe would have eagled it at least twice last fall.

we have moved the basket back about 100 ft into a much tougher position
The new pin position really kicked my butt last year. :/ Uphill and tight up against OB behind the basket and to the left.

An eagle in the new position would be insane because it adds an extra near 90 degree uphill turn ~100' to the basket around the cart path and cluster of trees.

I was trying to think how it was possible to eagle that hole - I've only played last October's layout.

Anyone besides myself ever played/seen the Toboggan course they use for USADGC? Pendaries sort of reminds me of that course. And that is why I think Wysocki will win this tournament. Last DGLO (also a toboggan course event) he set course record a couple of times.

Ya, Wysocki's FH is going to be a big asset on that course, but dont count out the lefty, Devan Owens, for the same reason.
Come to think of it, I havent seen an MPO lefty even play this course.

added my rounds from last tournament to my scorebook. +15, +13, +14.

Tough course and was my first "real" tournament. A lot of room for improvement. Most proud of birdie-ing hole 17.

For 54 holes I had 6 birdies, 19 pars, 16 bogies, 7 doubles and 6 triples.

Only holes I scored par or better on for the whole tourney were 7, 10, 11.

Getting excited to tackle this place again.

added my rounds from last tournament to my scorebook. +15, +13, +14.

Tough course and was my first "real" tournament. A lot of room for improvement. Most proud of birdie-ing hole 17.

For 54 holes I had 6 birdies, 19 pars, 16 bogies, 7 doubles and 6 triples.

Only holes I scored par or better on for the whole tourney were 7, 10, 11.

Getting excited to tackle this place again.

Did you throw from the longs?

Latest posts