• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pittsburgh to Charlotte Mar 21-24

You could just stay in Pittsburgh and PA and play courses of equal caliber without the insane drive......don't tell the Charlotte guys though...they just don't know

Winthrop Gold is best enjoyed if you have some knowledge of the USDGC, more-so than just who wins and stuff. Playing holes like 888 and #5 and #17 are cool on their own merits, but they are amazing when you've witnessed the amazing things on them that happen at that tournament.

Winthrop Gold is best enjoyed if you have some knowledge of the USDGC, more-so than just who wins and stuff. Playing holes like 888 and #5 and #17 are cool on their own merits, but they are amazing when you've witnessed the amazing things on them that happen at that tournament.

The lead card live videos I own are the reason I want to play this course so much.....I am not going to in all likelihood ever play the USDGC but I want to play the same course that the top Pro's get to. It was the same for me when I played Pyramids and Maple Hill.

I would say that the USDGC is best enjoyed if you have some knowledge of Winthrop Gold (even without-ropes knowledge will help a lot too).

There used to be a Winthrop Gold caddy book on the USDGC website, but I'm not seeing it now. If you do attempt it, take a map, or two. Maybe even find a guide. Navigation is not remotely straight-forward at Winthrop for the uninitiated.

Only a few days now!!! We are super excited to see what all the buzz is about down in Charlotte. Yes that was a pun. With any luck I will hit 100 courses by the end of the month.

Only a few days now!!! We are super excited to see what all the buzz is about down in Charlotte. Yes that was a pun. With any luck I will hit 100 courses by the end of the month.

Shoot me a PM before you get down here. I will try to hit up a round with ya. Also: I have a caddy book for Winny Gold.

Last edited:
Will do. I found a pdf file for the 2010 caddy book and will print it off before I head down. Thanks again for all the help planning this.

Latest posts