• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley to the Carolinas. And Georgia (barely)

Are you still on schedule?

Slightly ahead actually. Had a little time to hit Pinewood elementary which I wasn't planning on.

Camp Canaan and Chester SP tomorrow in the rain.

I don't care. It's just nice not seeing snow so rain or shine. 😁

I was able to play Langley Pond, IDGC, and Hobbs Farm a few weeks ago. I think you are going to enjoy the IDGC. The courses reminded me of Wilderness DGC times three. The whole experience was flawless.

Now that's what I like hear!!! 👍

Now that's what I like hear!!! 👍

Also it was by far the cleanest courses I have ever played. I couldn't even find one cigarette butt on the property and they don't even have a trash can in sight. Don't know how they keep the courses so clean. Moreover it is so well laid out you won't need a course map the whole time your there. I could go on and on about the IDGC but will just say it has become my Shangri La of disc golf destinations.

I'll keep updating here after each day. Definitely looking forward to this whole trip, but especially the next 3 days. Canaan, Chester SP, Stoney Hill, Langley and IDGC are all courses I've wanted to play for years now. Hopefully my arm lasts after not playing much over the winter. That's what Ibuprofen is for though.

Just don't blow out your knees.
Been there. Done that. :D

Really puts the kibash on bagging new courses. :(

First full day in the books. Managed to get 6 courses in.

Camp Canaan-Riverbend (18)
Camp Canaan-Sand hills (10)
Fewell park-(9)
Boyd Hill-(18)
Chester SP Advenced-(18)
Chester SP Rec-(9)

Camp Canaan and Chester SP were both excellent. I think I liked Chester a tad better, that may have had something to do with the weather early vs. late though too. Boyd Hill was super fun too. I'm glad I decided to play it.

Aced hole 2 at Fewell too. Little 128 footer in the rain. Fun little ace run type course. All around a solid day, even in the rain. Weather's looking better tomorrow than it has at any point. Hopefully it stays that way.

Day 2 done. The weather cooperated all day long surprisingly. It was looking pretty bleak yesterday but we lucked out and didn't see a single drop of rain.

Stoney Hill Diamond - (18)
Stoney Hill Garnett - (18)
Langley Pond - (18)

Stoney Hill more than lived up to the hype. What an absolute gem of a place. Easily in my top ten of favorite places. I'm so happy the weather worked out. David was an awesome host and was very accommodating and patient with me changing times a bunch to avoid inclement weather. Loved it out there. 👍

Langley Pond was the opposite for me. I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I mean it's fun and has some neat holes. But it also has some pretty brutal and underwhelming holes. And the walks between holes are pretty ridiculous.

I'm tired and sore already lol. Oh well, IDGC tomorrow so better suck it up.

Day 2 done. The weather cooperated all day long surprisingly. It was looking pretty bleak yesterday but we lucked out and didn't see a single drop of rain.

Langley Pond - (18)

Stoney Hill more than lived up to the hype. What an absolute gem of a place. Easily in my top ten of favorite places. I'm so happy the weather worked out. David was an awesome host and was very accommodating and patient with me changing times a bunch to avoid inclement weather. Loved it out there. 👍

Langley Pond was the opposite for me. I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I mean it's fun and has some neat holes. But it also has some pretty brutal and underwhelming holes. And the walks between holes are pretty ridiculous.

All 3 in one day?

Oh, to be young,
I think the first time I went to IDGC I was over 50...
I only played 2 courses a day and that d@mn near killed me...

And yeah, Stony is awesome

Yep all 3. I got one day here, so need to play them all. I'll start with WR Jackson to get that out of the way while I'm fresh(ish).

I would do Headrick first to prep for Jackson,
optional shorter tees on Headrick. Jackson and Warner will be beat downs either way.

I was just glad they waited until the rain stopped to show up. Due to the overlapping layout we need to give players an initial briefing, and while I was perfectly willing for them to play in the rain, I wasn't keen to go out in it, myself.

Langley Pond - (18)

I had the same impression of Langley Pond. I do think however the IDGC will put a little pep in your step tomorrow. May the ⛓ be with you.

A couple of tips on the Crooked Creek Pro-9 for tomorrow.

First, I don't know who named it that (though I have my suspicions); it's not a "pro" layout, but it is a bit longer, on average, than the regular 18.

More importantly, it's an odd loop. From the main lout, it starts closest* to the #1 basket, and ends close to the #5 basket. It's not normally played alone, but coupled with 9 holes on the original layout to create an alternative 18. When you play it alone, you'll have an unusually long walk to hole 1, then a longer one back from hole 9.

There are some fun holes and you should certainly play it; just be aware that the navigation is rather odd.

* - When I say the Pro 9 starts "closest" to the hole 1 basket on the original layout, that's relative. It's probably a 300' walk.
The Pro-9, if you have trouble finding it, starts next to the gate entering the park.

Day 3 is a wrap. Added a new state and 4 new courses. Weather was absolutely perfect too. Couldn't never asked for a better day in Appling/Augusta.

IDGC Jim Warner- (18)
IDGC WR Jackson- (18)
IDGC Ed Headrick- (18)
Patriot's Park- (18)

IDGC was phenomenal. We had a blast and loved all 3 courses. I don't know if I could even pick a favorite. I might give the slight edge to Jim Warner. It really doesn't matter. All 3 are excellent. Highly recommend getting out here if you ever get the chance.

Patriot's was solid if unspectacular. Nice wooded golf. Extremely muddy with the recent storms. And it smelled like sewage. The golf was fun though. 😁

May go a little bit lighter tomorrow to recuperate a bit. Maybe not though. I might be into full onto bagging mode by tomorrow where I don't really get sore. Almost an immunity.

Oh and Casey White was at IDGC too. I seen two guys on WR Jackson and the were filming. The one dude looked skinny like Casey but they were a fairway over so it was hard to tell. I'll check his vlogs tomorrow. He was there though.

Attachments

• IMG_20230328_153853753_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230328_153853753_HDR.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 17
Day 3 is a wrap. Added a new state and 4 new courses. Weather was absolutely perfect too. Couldn't never asked for a better day in Appling/Augusta.

IDGC Jim Warner- (18)
IDGC WR Jackson- (18)
IDGC Ed Headrick- (18)
Patriot's Park- (18)

That is quite a day. Nice work!

IDGC Jim Warner- (18)
IDGC WR Jackson- (18)
IDGC Ed Headrick- (18)
Patriot's Park- (18)

IDGC was phenomenal. We had a blast and loved all 3 courses. I don't know if I could even pick a favorite. I might give the slight edge to Jim Warner. It really doesn't matter. All 3 are excellent. Highly recommend getting out here if you ever get the chance.

Patriot's was solid if unspectacular. Nice wooded golf. Extremely muddy with the recent storms. And it smelled like sewage. The golf was fun though. 😁

May go a little bit lighter tomorrow to recuperate a bit. Maybe not though. I might be into full onto bagging mode by tomorrow where I don't really get sore. Almost an immunity.

you need a few days or even weeks to reflect about what you said

Day 4 in the books.

Crooked Creek- Pro 9- (9)
Crooked Creek- Original- (18)
Seven Oaks Park- (9)
Earlewood Park- (18)
Cane Creek Park- (18)
Western Union Elementary- (9)

Cane Creek was the highlight of the day. Super fun wooded track in a beautiful park. Really glad Olorin suggested it. Crooked Creek original was solid too. Starts a little slow but picks up by the end. Earlewood is just a fun old school park style course. Well worth a play. The other 3 were just filler. CC Pro 9 is a decent 9, nothing real special about it. The other two were just little ace run courses. Easy pelts.

Back up in Charlotte for the next 4 days now. Not sure what's up for tomorrow yet. Elon Park for sure, the other's tbd.

Latest posts