• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley to KC and back

What no Blue Valley? You missed an epic beatdown, especially with the heat you've mentioned.

Nah, wasn't really looking forward to that one in that heat. Lakeside hills was bad enough that day. Less ghetto too 😁

Nah, wasn't really looking forward to that one in that heat. Lakeside hills was bad enough that day. Less ghetto too 😁

Agreed Blue Valley isn't in a desirable neighborhood but man that park is beautiful. Amazing elevation and views. Looked on Zillow after my last time playing there last fall and one could buy a house on the course for cheap. Played it I think 3 times now and always glad I did. But with an ear open for a potential car alarm...

I'm guessing you will be back in the area in the future. Great replay value and plenty of courses to clean up on your march to 1000 :).

Day 7 done. Drove a couple hours to Treasure cove DGC. Solid course, nothing too crazy. Better than most college courses I've played tbh.

Headed to Hummel park next. Good lord!!! That course is intense. Super hilly and heavily wooded awesomeness. I loved it. But man did it wipe us out. So much so we skipped Seymour Smith and called it a day. I'll be back to Hummel some day though. Such a great course.

Nebraska bagging fest tomorrow. Need to make up for slacking off today 😁

slacker, c'mon man... anyway impressed by your planning and courses gathered thus far.

slacker, c'mon man... anyway impressed by your planning and courses gathered thus far.

Day whatever it is, eight now, in the books. Started with a couple hour drive up toward Norfolk NE. Hit Maskentine Lake (9) first. Decent little nice out in the middle of nowhere. Almost got stuck on a dirt road leaving there lol. Noticed two 9's listed on Udisc but not here so decided to play those too. Woodland Park (9), the first of those two next. Aced hole 1 with my beat up old Lucid Maverick :thmbup:. Played TaHaZouka Park (19) next and got whooped by Alyssa there lol. Skyview Park (18) after that. All decent courses in their own right. Played the second of the 2 unlisted ones next, Hadar DGC (9). I added that one already. Nothing special. Finished off with 3 more 9er's. Willow Creek State Rec. Area, Band Shell Park and Gladstone park. 8 total today, looking at adding 7 more tomorrow. Weather is looking fantastic for it.

Gotta save some energy for Bryant Lake though ;)

Days 9 and 10 down.

Day 9: Yankton SD to Jackson MN.

Weigand DGC (9)
Gavin's point (18)
Cottonwood park (9)
Pierson Ranch (9)
Fantle memorial park (18)
Screaming eagle DGC (9)
Tornado alley DGC (9)

Nothing amazing but all fun courses. Beautiful weather.

Day 10: Jackson MN to Minneapolis MN

Cedar Creek West (18)
Cedar Creek East (18)
Cedar Creek Central (18)

Met elmex out there in the morning and the 3 of us bagged the whole complex. Excellent courses, perfect conditions. Good thing there was no water in the creek because I would've been in it probably ten times 😁 I hit heavy chains for ace with my Uplink on East but it didn't stick. Always good playing with elmex.

Stopped at a random 9 on the way to minny. Watona park I think. Basic park style course. Bryant lake tomorrow morning with playrecords, then a couple random courses before heading home. Should be nice weather again. I'll be curious to see how many courses we played tomorrow night once we're home.

Days 9 and 10 down.

Day 9: Yankton SD to Jackson MN.

Weigand DGC (9)
Gavin's point (18)
Cottonwood park (9)
Pierson Ranch (9)
Fantle memorial park (18)
Screaming eagle DGC (9)
Tornado alley DGC (9)

Nothing amazing but all fun courses. Beautiful weather.

Day 10: Jackson MN to Minneapolis MN

Cedar Creek West (18)
Cedar Creek East (18)
Cedar Creek Central (18)

Met elmex out there in the morning and the 3 of us bagged the whole complex. Excellent courses, perfect conditions. Good thing there was no water in the creek because I would've been in it probably ten times 😁 I hit heavy chains for ace with my Uplink on East but it didn't stick. Always good playing with elmex.

Stopped at a random 9 on the way to minny. Watona park I think. Basic park style course. Bryant lake tomorrow morning with playrecords, then a couple random courses before heading home. Should be nice weather again. I'll be curious to see how many courses we played tomorrow night once we're home.

it was a great time thanks for having me out

i hit metal with playrecords

now you hit chains with me

whats it goin to be tomorrow

mrs wolfhaley or playrecords

stay tuned

Was curious on your overall vibe between Paradise Point in Smithville MO. and Cedar Creek in Fairmount MN.

Was curious on your overall vibe between Paradise Point in Smithville MO. and Cedar Creek in Fairmount MN.

Paradise Pointe and Cedar Creek are both excellent complexes. The vibes weren't much different tbh. Cedar Creek is my favorite of the two, being more wooded. Paradise Pointe is no slouch though. Blackthorn and Central were my two favorites out of the six courses. Woodhenge and East would be the next tier. West and Beaver Creek would be my least favorite. Least favorite isn't even the right description. Least memorable maybe. Different properties but both very well executed.

Final day in the books :hfive:

Started off the day at Bryant Lake with playrecords. First off, playrecords is an awesome guy that me and Alyssa both look forward to throwing with again. We've played a lot of courses total, he's played a lot of GREAT courses and a lot of courses total. It was cool having back to back days with some course bagging greats. Couldn't ask for a better last couple days. :thmbup:

Bryant Lake is probably the most well maintained, manicured course with the best amenities I've ever seen. Not probably, definitely. Loved it. Not the most difficult course, but damn was it a fun round. I can totally see why it's usually packed out there.

Limped our way to First Calvary Baptist Church after that. Wow, this was a really legit church course. Technically ten holes, but with dual concrete/turf pads and even purple pavers marked by a purple cone. 3 tee pads per hole and signs denoting a 20 hole course between the 2 concrete/turf pads. Was not expecting this at all. Very impressive. We played a mixed bag of tees to play ten holes. These Minnesotans are spoiled :p

Drove to New Life Academy after that and wasn't able to play because school was going on. If only there was some site that would've warned me of this. :rolleyes:

Headed to Lafayette Town Hall Park in Chippewa Falls WI. I added to my WI count by one course at least. Very rough around the edges. Not finished, but there's potential there for sure. Solid 9 with a lot of extra walking currently. Curious how it'll look when it's finished and 18 holes. Should be a nice addition to that area.

Got to get home and mow the grass. Excellent trip though. 11 days, 47 courses (which has to be a record for us), 2 new states, 2 new DGCR members thrown with and an elmex in pear tree :thmbup:

We thrown with elmex in 3 states now which is pretty crazy. He showed me the lines this time though.

now that i think about it i believe playrecords said yes hes played it to every course i asked him about very impressive resume

i didnt know they have 3 pads now at first calvary

it was a great time and impressive stats all around on the trip

and thank you for posting updates it was fun to follow along

now that i think about it i believe playrecords said yes hes played it to every course i asked him about very impressive resume

i didnt know they have 3 pads now at first calvary

it was a great time and impressive stats all around on the trip

and thank you for posting updates it was fun to follow along

Purple pavers but dual concrete/turf on every hole. And 10 holes instead of 9 now.

I'll be eagerly awaiting some Pitt, Maryland, WV, Cincy, etc. updates in a few short weeks :D

Started off the day at Bryant Lake with playrecords. First off, playrecords is an awesome guy that me and Alyssa both look forward to throwing with again. We've played a lot of courses total, he's played a lot of GREAT courses and a lot of courses total. It was cool having back to back days with some course bagging greats. Couldn't ask for a better last couple days. :thmbup:

Bryant Lake is probably the most well maintained, manicured course with the best amenities I've ever seen. Not probably, definitely. Loved it. Not the most difficult course, but damn was it a fun round. I can totally see why it's usually packed out there.

Limped our way to First Calvary Baptist Church after that. Wow, this was a really legit church course. Technically ten holes, but with dual concrete/turf pads and even purple pavers marked by a purple cone. 3 tee pads per hole and signs denoting a 20 hole course between the 2 concrete/turf pads. Was not expecting this at all. Very impressive. We played a mixed bag of tees to play ten holes. These Minnesotans are spoiled :p

Drove to New Life Academy after that and wasn't able to play because school was going on. If only there was some site that would've warned me of this. :rolleyes:

Headed to Lafayette Town Hall Park in Chippewa Falls WI. I added to my WI count by one course at least. Very rough around the edges. Not finished, but there's potential there for sure. Solid 9 with a lot of extra walking currently. Curious how it'll look when it's finished and 18 holes. Should be a nice addition to that area.

Got to get home and mow the grass. Excellent trip though. 11 days, 47 courses (which has to be a record for us), 2 new states, 2 new DGCR members thrown with and an elmex in pear tree :thmbup:

We thrown with elmex in 3 states now which is pretty crazy. He showed me the lines this time though.

It was my pleasure to meet and throw with you both today. Thanks for the invite to join your trip and look forward to our next meet up. Glad you both enjoyed Bryant, it is a gem.

Agree with elmexdela, thanks for the trip updates as it was fun following along. 4 plus per day in the heat you described is impressive. Now you can recover from climbing all those hills

. . .

11 days, 47 courses (which has to be a record for us), 2 new states, 2 new DGCR members thrown with and an elmex in pear tree :thmbup:

Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing it with us! Impressive amount of bagging in the summer heat, too.

I'll be eagerly awaiting some Pitt, Maryland, WV, Cincy, etc. updates in a few short weeks :D

Perhaps Virginia, Delaware and New Jersey, too. :D