• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PMB vs Sexton

HyzerUniBomber

* Ace Member *
Saw a very interesting comparison of the two guys throwing from a very similar video angle.

Original Video
https://www.facebook.com/supremeflight/videos/979131718882182/?pnref=story

Interesting difference in their posture and it's very easy to see the results in the follow through.

I adjusted the box angle because of the wide angle lens - which will change perspective a bit - but you can see that PMB stacks ball of foot, knee, head. Sexton is pulling through with his upper body farther right from our vantage point.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's a bit difficult to tell from the still shot, but PMB's weight braces up more balanced behind the lead hip - which has his follow through balanced on the plant foot.

attachment.php

Sexton's weight being forward of the blue line means that his brace won't catch his momentum as effectively and he'll have to step through/around.

Just some food for thought.

Attachments

• stack1.jpg
    stack1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 599
  • stack2.jpg
    stack2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 440
  • stack3.jpg
    stack3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 441
Chatting with Nate about this, he thinks it's his background in ultimate that has his posture forward and over the disc. Also why he thinks his FH is low to the ground (and away from a defender).

I think he's more comfortable throwing hyzer or flat backhands and relying on his hyzer forehand for right breaking shots.

I had a chance to watch Nate throw (really far) at a clinic in July. It looked to me like his shots were thrown with a slight hyzer release. He got a pretty wide variety of lines with his Destroyers just by letting the discs do the work.

Latest posts