• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy Plastic help

TOURNEYPLAYER

*Reform School Scholar*
Bronze level trusted reviewer
SO I just got a couple 300s Putters and at the store they also had 400s and 400g I also heard about this 700 or 750 plastic. is this coming in 700s and 700g also?

the 400s was the clear type and the 400g was more of a gummy star type.

someone with more info have any thoughts, any way to sort through this crap?

FYI

300 is base plastic and it feels great on these putters. almost like a chalky gateway putter.

From Prodigy disc website

The 300 Series is a special blend of materials that is durable enough to take solid impact but has the ability to be broken in over time.

The 400 series is a premium blend of material that is extremely durable. The unique blend of plastics feels as good as it looks and will be able to be broken in over time. This tour quality plastic gives the thrower better grip even when it is wet.

The 400 G series is the regular 400 plastic with a shot of adrenaline. It is the base 400 plastic mixed with another resin that give the plastic a slightly different feel than the base 400 series. The additive also makes the disc more durable and requires more time to break it in.

The 750 Series is a very high-end material that out performs all expectations. This top line plastic surpasses all expectations on flight, durability and consistency. The plastics unique tacky feel promotes a good grip in all conditions. (Not yet available, Coming soon)

Idk about you but I'm really curious about this 750 plastic.. The 400s plastic is amazing, and the 400g it's pretty good as well..so what the hell with this 750 be like? Lol

Idk about you but I'm really curious about this 750 plastic.. The 400s plastic is amazing, and the 400g it's pretty good as well..so what the hell with this 750 be like? Lol

supposed to be a star like counterpart. thing 400g but better. david greenwell said a while ago he thinks this will be the first $20 production plastic

Has prodigy given any time frame on when we will see the 750 series plastic? Maybe they will change the game next year with it. I could not resist. :D

Last edited:
supposed to be a star like counterpart. thing 400g but better. david greenwell said a while ago he thinks this will be the first $20 production plastic

No.. Not at all. Star is less durable then 400 series. Champion is less durable then 400 series. Good luck with that. 750 is going to be even more premium then 400. Looking at around $25 a disc. Not worth it in my opinion. Losing that thing would suck.

Some dude I talked to today, said he knows Phil real well and that the 750 will not make into our hands. And if it did it would be like 60 a pop. I told him that is the worst marketing idea i had ever heard.

Some dude I talked to today, said he knows Phil real well and that the 750 will not make into our hands. And if it did it would be like 60 a pop. I told him that is the worst marketing idea i had ever heard.

Watch out. Prodigy fan boys are going to jump all over you. But if this it true this make me laugh. :D

Watch out. Prodigy fan boys are going to jump all over you. But if this it true this make me laugh. :D

This dude had an all prodigy bag. And said he is a tester/distributor. He said we will not get the 750. Too expensive to make. If it is true. ****ing morons.

Prodigy: "Changing the game, just not for the rest of us"

good lord, something about the descriptions, I hear them in Phil's voice from that video awhile back. And it makes me want to slap someone due to the high concentration pretentiousness...

A very interesting turn indeed.

I know other sports equipment manufacturers have done this in the past (that is, make a piece of equipment only for pros) but it usually ends up in regular players hands after a year or two, just at premium prices. So that could be the case here....make discs for their pros then a couple years down the line, unleash it with a high price tag.

The problem is, who would buy it? Disc Golf isn't exactly a huge money sport like some others I can name...

Latest posts