• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy sues Gannon sues Prodigy

Imo most of us see the truth is in the middle and don't really get riled up about it.

The worst part is the withholding the bonus check. That's a ****up on Prodigy's part. If they made that right, then it's a false kerfuffle.

GB is a driven hard-charger that is going to piss people off, including his sponsor, as it should be.

It's all good. That's my prediction.

Prodigy makes good discs, anyway the ones I've thrown, but there has been too much sponsored player disrespect for my taste...

Hopefully they buck up and become more courteous and professional towards their representatives.

Its more like our 'royal family' drama.

Megan and Harry :wall:

Gannon vs Prodigy :popcorn:

I originally saw it as a Prodigy fail but now I see their side more. GB (or his mom) saw his chance to make a ton more money so came up with a list of reasons they should quit. If GB had wanted to stay, he would have submitted demands and waited for the placation.
It sounds like this kind of situation happens a lot in other sports, we just don't see it much because DG is smaller.

Its more like our 'royal family' drama.

Megan and Harry :wall:

Gannon vs Prodigy :popcorn:

I originally saw it as a Prodigy fail but now I see their side more. GB (or his mom) saw his chance to make a ton more money so came up with a list of reasons they should quit. If GB had wanted to stay, he would have submitted demands and waited for the placation.
It sounds like this kind of situation happens a lot in other sports, we just don't see it much because DG is smaller.

I'm not so sure it does. Keeping in mind this is sponsor and not "team"...and that it's this weird dynamic where the sponsor basically holds the cards in terms of the equipment the player can use for their sport...it's kind of an odd duck. Shoe companies might be close because they determine the shoe...but in most sports the primary piece of equipment is not the shoe.

I was thinking of signature disc sales.

Some are saying he complained about the plastic, but I believe the complaint was the flashing and not the plastic itself?

He had a myriad of complaints, one being they astonishingly changed the PA-3 mold. Their one mold that seemingly was universally liked. Pretty weird move to have perhaps the best putter in the world, that used their flagship disc, and then changing the mold on him. Gannon may have been a bit dramatic to call it now "unthrowable" but after throwing thousands and thousands of putts with the same mold, I too would be pissed if it became unavailable.

He had a myriad of complaints, one being they astonishingly changed the PA-3 mold. Their one mold that seemingly was universally liked. Pretty weird move to have perhaps the best putter in the world, that used their flagship disc, and then changing the mold on him. Gannon may have been a bit dramatic to call it now "unthrowable" but after throwing thousands and thousands of putts with the same mold, I too would be pissed if it became unavailable.

It's not unavailable. I've got a bunch of the old stock that are available for for the right price. Hit me up, Gannon.

Great info.

Dude makes his living with his putter.

ive been using a pa3 since it first came out and cant really tell a difference between the originals and the latest runs. Not sure what the issue is, but they feel the same to me.

ive been using a pa3 since it first came out and cant really tell a difference between the originals and the latest runs. Not sure what the issue is, but they feel the same to me.

I just pulled my oldest and newest PA-3. One is a 350g I bought used that is the old stamp design. Newer one is a 300 I got Sunday. They look identical - parting line is the same height compared both orientations of a flat desk. The only slight difference is the old one has a more pronounced puddle top - but that could also be from use. They also have the same tooling and both say Made in U.S.A.

I don't know if they fixed their D series but those molds were getting ridiculously flippy in newer runs, and newer PA4's are very flippy now compared to ones I got a few years ago.

I just pulled my oldest and newest PA-3. One is a 350g I bought used that is the old stamp design. Newer one is a 300 I got Sunday. They look identical - parting line is the same height compared both orientations of a flat desk. The only slight difference is the old one has a more pronounced puddle top - but that could also be from use. They also have the same tooling and both say Made in U.S.A.

I don't know if they fixed their D series but those molds were getting ridiculously flippy in newer runs, and newer PA4's are very flippy now compared to ones I got a few years ago.

Idk most of my D series are very early runs or very recent. The new 400 D series made in China is great, plastic feels amazing. They seem pretty true to the intended stability. Not a street team member just offering my opinion.

Idk most of my D series are very early runs or very recent. The new 400 D series made in China is great, plastic feels amazing. They seem pretty true to the intended stability. Not a street team member just offering my opinion.

I am sponsored by Prodigy but the above is definitely correct.

Made in china does not necessarily mean bad. Hell, with looser environmental regulation they have access to more plastic than the states do. One of my favorite feeling discs ever is Chinese made. (Tyrant)
I have not tried any of the made in china prodigy.

Made in china does not necessarily mean bad. Hell, with looser environmental regulation they have access to more plastic than the states do. One of my favorite feeling discs ever is Chinese made. (Tyrant)

You equate "bad" with "poor quality?"

I don't have one by me, but I think the FX3 is made in China and it's one of the best Prodigy drivers I've ever seen.

Latest posts