• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Red Checkers Dye!

hippiediscdude

Eagle Member
This one looks crazy spinning! Took me a while, so many squares.
checkersthedisc-big.png

:)

Sign vinyl and transfer tape is the way to go. The residue is a pain to clean off, but you can get nice crisp lines and its less prone to bleed. You can pick it up cheap on ebay or find a sign supply place near you if you want it even cheaper. I buy in bulk because I use it for other stuff and I have my vinyl cost at about $00.16 per disc.

This one is badass. Nice job. Just bought some stuff last nite to rock some sweet dyes. Will post once I get something worthy.

I am not normally a huge fan of dye jobs, but that is insane.

Stare into the center of the disc for 10 seconds. Then look down the fairway towards the basket. You now have a grid that you can superimpose over the hole, to help you avoid obstacles and hit lines.

Seriously, that is a clean dye job, very precise, cool design, and I personally like it because it's symmetrical. Nice work.

What do you mean by transfer tape? Is it double sided tape to keep the vinyl down? Never used vinyl so I'm a little clueless.

What do you mean by transfer tape? Is it double sided tape to keep the vinyl down? Never used vinyl so I'm a little clueless.
Transfer tape is a low tack plastic sheet that you use to transfer the cut vinyl on to the disc. I know alot of people also use masking tape. It allows you to cut out the design and then transfer it to the disc instead of cutting on the disc. You can reuse the same piece quite a few times so it is a pretty economical option also.:)

Latest posts