• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Red Worm Dip Eating Away at Plastic - Spin Dye

will1442

Bogey Member
So my red worm dip has been giving me trouble while trying to spin dye. I think it is causing the plastic to peel away from the disc and then it gives me bad lines because of all the debris on my brush. Yes I do clean my brush during spinning with some water throughout the process. Has anyone ever encountered this? what can I do?

I can't tell if it is the worm dip that has the particles in it or if they are coming from the disc when putting the brush head to it. I believe it is the ladder.

My spins typically come out all wobbly from standing at the top of the ladder.. So annoying

Anyone have this happen to them before? I am thinking of just adding a bit of water to it to hopefully dilute the acetone

My spins typically come out all wobbly from standing at the top of the ladder.. So annoying

Anyone have this happen to them before? I am thinking of just adding a bit of water to it to hopefully dilute the acetone

What kind of plastic are you dyeing? I don't think worm dip should be causing it to deteriorate, but I also don't really use anything acetone based like that.

I do recall doing a few spins with it though, and the worm dip was like building up on the brush causing it to clump together all the time. It also built up a pretty think layer on the disc, which came off after rinsing.

What kind of plastic are you dyeing? I don't think worm dip should be causing it to deteriorate, but I also don't really use anything acetone based like that.

I do recall doing a few spins with it though, and the worm dip was like building up on the brush causing it to clump together all the time. It also built up a pretty think layer on the disc, which came off after rinsing.

Star and Champ plastic is what I use when dyeing discs. At first that is what I thought it was (the dip building up and clumping up), but this was a new brush and started to do this pretty directly after adding the brush to the disc. For some reason the Red is the only one this happens with. I have Orange and Yellow worm dip as well.

Star and Champ plastic is what I use when dyeing discs. At first that is what I thought it was (the dip building up and clumping up), but this was a new brush and started to do this pretty directly after adding the brush to the disc. For some reason the Red is the only one this happens with. I have Orange and Yellow worm dip as well.

That is fine, I would only use Orange or Pink dye to make discs easier to see in if they are hard to see due to color of disc but I like how the disc flies unless disc is dark red, then I would use another color like Yellow to get the disc orange.

Latest posts