• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frisbees...it's the little things

txmxer

* Ace Member *
Seems the universe has been sending me some unusual messages this week.

attachment.php

Each disc was marked with a number, I texted the number with photo, stashed the discs. Got thankyou replies, hopefully the owners were able to collect them before someone else snagged them.

Just noticed the Glow is 3 3 0 2 and the Electron is 3 3 -1 2. Do other manufacturers update their numbers based on different plastics?

Don't know what the universe is saying--I guess I should throw my Envy? Or don't throw it? I'll lose it?

IT WAS ALIENS MAN

taken in my backyard...

attachment.php

Follow up on the disc dying thread using worm dip to make the discs pop out against UV light.

I bought some worm dip and soaked several discs in the stuff and wanted to see how they came out.

RE: Tried worm dip for visibility. My first dyes! Need tips for champ plastic!

Apparently I took an extra pic when I was putting my phone away. For glow rounds, I use the fluorescent tape, which works well. I throw a lot in my backyard/field. Occasionally, I'll forget to pick up a disc or two. Thought the worm dip might help me find my unfound discs at night with the UV flashlight. I think it's pretty cool. For the most part, you can't tell the discs were soaked in worm dip, but they do seem to pop at night with the UV light.

attachment.php

That's all I got. Hope everyone is having a good frolf of June.

Attachments

• FOUND ENVY.jpg
    FOUND ENVY.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 107
  • aliens.JPG
    aliens.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8112.jpg
    IMG_8112.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 103
Just noticed the Glow is 3 3 0 2 and the Electron is 3 3 -1 2. Do other manufacturers update their numbers based on different plastics?

MVP does this because they actually recognize that their discs fly differently in different plastics, and try to number them accordingly. As far as I know, they are the only ones.

MVP does this because they actually recognize that their discs fly differently in different plastics, and try to number them accordingly. As far as I know, they are the only ones.

Innova started to with Gstar Terns and Shyrkes...not sure what other molds. Currently holding a Gstar and Champ Tern and their turn numbers are unique.

I thought they started with the champ Boss making it 0 turn first.

Yep.

Champ Boss = 0
Pro Boss = -1

Back in the day, when Discraft only had their single stability #, there were a few molds where the stamped different #s on Z and X plastic for the same mold ...although I can't recall which molds. :eek:

Latest posts