• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Replacement for my Trespass

I'm looking for a stable distance driver to replace my slightly beat in Trespass. I have a beefy Destroyer and an understable Heat. My beloved Lucid Trespass went swimming last Sunday and didn't return, so now I'm missing a straight workhorse distance driver. I'm tempted to find a used Trespass, but there is a certain fascination with trying something new. For reference, I throw about 300-325 backhand and forehand on a good day. Looking for something 10-12 speed. Royal Grace? Another used Trespass? What about the MVP family? I just bought my first gyro, a Reactor, and I think I'm in love. What about a Fission Photon? Fire away! And thanks in advance!

I'm looking for a stable distance driver to replace my slightly beat in Trespass. I have a beefy Destroyer and an understable Heat. My beloved Lucid Trespass went swimming last Sunday and didn't return, so now I'm missing a straight workhorse distance driver. I'm tempted to find a used Trespass, but there is a certain fascination with trying something new. For reference, I throw about 300-325 backhand and forehand on a good day. Looking for something 10-12 speed. Royal Grace? Another used Trespass? What about the MVP family? I just bought my first gyro, a Reactor, and I think I'm in love. What about a Fission Photon? Fire away! And thanks in advance!

Since you mentioned MVP, a lighter weight Trace may work out, or a Catalyst. Though they are one speed slower and faster respectively.

I am lately loving my MVP fission octane as my straight driver if you want it a bit more stable get it in proton or neutron plastic. I have a noodle arm and throw a light one though...

There are a hundred discs to suggest. The best bet would be a new Trespass. Grab two - a same-weight replacement for the one you lost plus a Lucid Air lightweight for instant gratification.

But, try a Lone Star Curl, MVP Wave, Finish Line Era. To have a more beat-in flight.

I am a lucid Air Trespass guy, and I just couldnt get along with the Grace. I am however battling the Fission Wave vs the Trespass right now and they are almost flying the exact distance and lines for me. I would highly recommend picking up a wave and giving it a throw, especially if MVP has your interest.

With the Trespass showing -1/3 I was going to suggest a Wave in Cosmic Neutron as they tend to fly a little more stable. But I don't know the Trilogy plastic well, and if a Fission Wave's recommended as similar, than that's an excellent place to start.

There are a hundred discs to suggest. The best bet would be a new Trespass. Grab two - a same-weight replacement for the one you lost plus a Lucid Air lightweight for instant gratification.

But, try a Lone Star Curl, MVP Wave, Finish Line Era. To have a more beat-in flight.

True. There are tons and tons of discs available in the stable 10-12 speed slot.

Trespass, Tern, or Enigma would probably be what I'd recommend 325' distance.

With the Trespass showing -1/3 I was going to suggest a Wave in Cosmic Neutron as they tend to fly a little more stable. But I don't know the Trilogy plastic well, and if a Fission Wave's recommended as similar, than that's an excellent place to start.

I bought two waves to compare. Cosmic neutron (typical MVP flatness) at 161g and a Fission 158 (slight dome in comparison). The fission disc has a bit more stability than the neutron but I believe its due to the distinct shape of dome. Something to consider for sure. The neutron does fly faster but once it turns over...it doesnt want to come back. I realize there are other heavier versions to consider, but I figured I would include this info for your research and consideration.

True. There are tons and tons of discs available in the stable 10-12 speed slot.

Trespass, Tern, or Enigma would probably be what I'd recommend 325' distance.

In my sample size of 4 Trespass and Two Enigma, the Enigma are more stable for 325'. I haven't thrown a Tern, but the numbers look good.

Someone mentioned a Trace - if you try one, make sure it is regular Neutron, not cosmic, not plasma, which throw more stable.

I've got a Lucid Air Trespass that I can get out to around the same distance on a good day. If I had to choose something to replace it with I'd probably look into a Wave or maybe a Trace or Rogue.

Either way report back when you decide on your new disc I'm curious how it will fly for you!

I threw Trespasses six of the nine years I've played: Westside Sword. They've noticeably less low speed fade than a Trespass but the high speed stability, wing size, and hand feel are almost identical.

I'd try to find an -X or Hybrid plastic one for the increased durability. Swords/Trespasses beat in the same way but the comparative lack of fade of the Sword makes them touchier than a Trespass once they're seasoned

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond! Y'all are the best! I would love to pick up every disc mentioned, but money and my wife are always an issue ;) This gives me a great place to start, tho. Half the fun is in the search, right? I'll definitely post when I purchase. In the meantime, I'm still listening!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond! Y'all are the best! I would love to pick up every disc mentioned, but money and my wife are always an issue ;) This gives me a great place to start, tho. Half the fun is in the search, right? I'll definitely post when I purchase. In the meantime, I'm still listening!

One better: just remembered that I have an unclaimed Anax. DM me your shipping and I'll get it on the way. May not be the final solution, but it'll get you something to work with in the interim.

I stopped by a sporting goods store in Mobile,AL this afternoon, and they had a Burst Trespass in the used bin. It's absolutely thrashed and flippier than I want, but It's fun to throw!

I stopped by a sporting goods store in Mobile,AL this afternoon, and they had a Burst Trespass in the used bin. It's absolutely thrashed and flippier than I want, but It's fun to throw!

Excellent - that will hold you over :thmbup: I'm guessing it's Prime (Burst) plastic? Beat up one of those is certainly flippy! Now your options are wide open for a replacement to beat in yourself.

Latest posts