• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Replacement for Opto Air Ballista

Noted on the Corvette and Shryke, though I don't seem to mesh with GStar.

Pro then. It will be a bomber and then one day it will start flipping. I call the pro corvette my 'cheater disc'. Uphill? Easy. You have to be careful through a gap, but still need D? Ayup. You have terrible sidearm power? Not any more. After a while it can't be thrown full power though, and it fills a different slot.

Returned some found discs and poked around the local store. They don't carry much of anything light weight at all.

I also searched through my bins and had a couple of rescues in Blizzard plastic --- a TeeDevil and a Boss, both penned 139.

The TeeDevil was really really overstable for me. It flew similar to the max weight Destroyers that I've thrown. Pretty consistent. Not for max distance, but might be worth messing around with.

The Boss was super inconsistent for me. If I tried to flex it, I threw a cut roller. If I tried to throw it flat, it moved about 200 feet right. If I threw it on hyzer, it would hold the hyzer and fade pretty hard. I did hit one throw that landed relatively straight ahead and went 30-50 feet longer than the Ballista, but it took a lot of room left to right to do it.

I have a light weight Trespass that absolutely bombs. Not sure how it would compare to the Ballista but they're probably going to be easier to find.

I have a light weight Trespass that absolutely bombs. Not sure how it would compare to the Ballista but they're probably going to be easier to find.

That is one of the discs that was on my radar to try.

And even if it flies more overstable for me than my Ballista, there is still a good slot for it. Right now, I'm throwing a max weight for that shot, so I'd love to take a little wear off my arm.

I have a 162 Lucid Air Domey Trespass that's actually pretty overstable for me despite months of regular use. I do have a max weight Lucid thats pretty flippy now and is probably the disc I can get out max distance out of if I'm not worried about where it lands.

I can usually get them out to 300 and absolute max is 330 for reference.

Latest posts