• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Replacing OOP Discs in My Bag

panchodan

Hey, I have been playing for a bit and have amassed a decent amount of OOP discs in my bag. As I cannot replace these if lost, I am looking for replacements that are still produced. I have used Marshall Street's Flight guide as a general purpose view of potential replacements, but I would also like to pick your all's collective mind as well. I am not a huge arm player, and really max out at 11 speeds around 320'. My current discs serve me well, yet loath the thought of losing them without replacements. Please let me know what you all think could be good replacements. Thanks!

Innova Star SL ~170g
Discraft ESP FLX Surge SS ~170g
Latitude Gold Vision ~170g
Vibram Ridge M ~175g

I've honestly never thrown a single one of those discs, and I've tried quite a few molds. That being said, I'd recommend some 9 speed discs. They'll go as far as anything at your power level, I've watched a dude throw a Sidewinder 400+ consistently. I recently started messing with a couple Roadrunners, pretty nice for my mediocre BH. In order of stability - Valkyrie, Sidewinder, Roadrunner. Maybe a Thunderbird or OLF for more stability. All should stay in production once Innova catches up from covid issues.

Also a couple 11 speed cheater discs for noodle arms, Discraft Thrasher and MVP Wave. They can be squirrelly but they go far when you hit them right.

nnova Star SL ~170g = Infinite Aztec - Same disc rebranded
Discraft ESP FLX Surge SS ~170g = Pro Wraith
Latitude Gold Vision ~170g = Discraft Heat ESP
Vibram Ridge M ~175g = Ridge is a BB Aviar isn't it? So that or one of the dozen or so similar clones I suppose.

I'm going to agree with discerdoo. Mess around with Sidewinders and Roadrunners and see what kind of results you get.

From my experience, a Ridge is not like an Aviar. A friend of mine was a Ridge guy and he has tried to replace it with a P3X, Rhyno, and Pig and I don't think any of those has been that close although he's liked some of the replacements well enough. What kind of flight characteristics do you appreciate from the Ridge? I think you may be better off just finding another disc in that speed class that you like even if it is different from the Ridge.

Latest posts