• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

#Rollout, Everything RidgeRoller

Titan037

AKA dgfanatic7
So its been a while since ridge roller has had a thread. I think with the arrival of the R3 box it's time to bring to life a new one. I will be receiving my one of a kind ridge roller r3 combo next week and I would like to give y'all an in depth look and review of it and how it compared to my Zuca AT which is cheaper but from the looks of things isn't as versatile as the Roller. So if you are part of the CARTel, let's see your Roller setup and accessories and why you love it so much. #Rollout! :popcorn:

I am about to upgrade to the bag/cart combo. For me it came down to the flexibility it provides in what type of disc carrier you can decide to use. Even the putter pouch can be used on its own as a bag. Really excited to start using.

Couples questions: when purchasing, is buying the two poles necessary or does the cart come with a stock pole? Also wondering if any other attachments are must haves to start using the cart immediately.

I am about to upgrade to the bag/cart combo. For me it came down to the flexibility it provides in what type of disc carrier you can decide to use. Even the putter pouch can be used on its own as a bag. Really excited to start using.

Couples questions: when purchasing, is buying the two poles necessary or does the cart come with a stock pole? Also wondering if any other attachments are must haves to start using the cart immediately.

i believe the stock pole is telescoping, while the custom colored poles come in two pieces and don't telescope due the the paint potentially wearing off from the telescoping. Which color bag and cart are you looking at?

i believe the stock pole is telescoping, while the custom colored poles come in two pieces and don't telescope due the the paint potentially wearing off from the telescoping. Which color bag and cart are you looking at?

Prob black/black. Undecided

I think with the arrival of the R3 box it's time to bring to life a new one. I will be receiving my one of a kind ridge roller r3 combo next week..

I look forward to your review. I still have my original RR/Zuca cart and it's freaking awesome. But these new R3 Box carts...they seem a bit..plain. Gone is any sexiness imop and instead we have the delta/crate look. Don't get me wrong...the cart market could use an inexpensive alternative design to what's out there now, and if that's the goal by having a simple design that's easy to manufacture, that's a good thing. So I'm curious what the price point is compared to what's out there now.

What do you guys think about the new look?

Attachments

• r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 178
I look forward to your review. I still have my original RR/Zuca cart and it's freaking awesome. But these new R3 Box carts...they seem a bit..plain. Gone is any sexiness imop and instead we have the delta/crate look. Don't get me wrong...the cart market could use an inexpensive alternative design to what's out there now, and if that's the goal by having a simple design that's easy to manufacture, that's a good thing. So I'm curious what the price point is compared to what's out there now.

Well basically the RR pictured is the other one of a kind, which Joe has stated if anyone is serious, he would do one of a kind custom projects but it's obviously more expensive. The thing about even stock RR is some of the colors are really unique. Also with ridge roller the r3 box isn't permanent, it can be removed fairly easily and still used with just a backpack. IMO that makes Ridge roller more versatile than any other cart out there albeit slightly more expensive than Zuca but delta is still the most expensive option

Golf

Well basically the RR pictured is the other one of a kind, which Joe has stated if anyone is serious, he would do one of a kind custom projects but it's obviously more expensive. The thing about even stock RR is some of the colors are really unique. Also with ridge roller the r3 box isn't permanent, it can be removed fairly easily and still used with just a backpack. IMO that makes Ridge roller more versatile than any other cart out there albeit slightly more expensive than Zuca but delta is still the most expensive option

The RR box and adding a seat cushion and accessories is more than the delta....Delta is $499 plus ship. RR is $365 + seat ($20) + inner box accessories+ shipping. RR backpack/cart combo is $525 plus ship..also the RR box is def a copy of the design of the delta.

It would look a lot better if the mud flap lined up with the damn stripes. Or vice versa.

IMOP. :\

The RR box and adding a seat cushion and accessories is more than the delta....Delta is $499 plus ship. RR is $365 + seat ($20) + inner box accessories+ shipping. RR backpack/cart combo is $525 plus ship..also the RR box is def a copy of the design of the delta.
Non of the accessories are a must have. I want people to have options there own options the reason I sell bare bones. Not even close to delta and hey someone has to give people a more affordable and customizable cart other then the color.

It would look a lot better if the mud flap lined up with the damn stripes. Or vice versa.

IMOP. :\
your always giving me the business you have been for years your a tough dude to make happy. What's your real name? I have always wondered. I would love to talk with you in person some time.

ibbbeb.jpg

2nl68hc.jpg

2n659oh.jpg

kdopkn.jpg

317dus4.jpg

15f3olx.jpg

The thing about ridge roller is you don't have to buy everything at once. Get the bag or the roller first thats 200 plus, then get the other down the road when you want, and the r3 box starts at 175. You buy a delt and yes it has everything included but the 499 is the plain black one, if i want a different color I'm looking at 30 to 40 dollars more. The big thing about RR is versatility. If i want to i can remove the r3 box and just use the roller and backpack so i can accommodate accordingly to the course. Everyone has their preferences but just because it may look like a supposed knockoff doesn't it mean it won't do well in the market. I'm very pleased with how the r3 came out especially in this anodized red. This is a one of a kind combo. Blue roller and red r3 with red and blue pole, white fenders and white vinyl stars. I couldn't be happier winning this thing from a raffle.

what does everyone put in the pocket of the backpack? i'm having trouble getting discs to sit in there straight with my v2.

Any tips on transportation via compact car? I have a civic. Take the backpack off the frame? Put frame on its back?

Any tips on transportation via compact car? I have a civic. Take the backpack off the frame? Put frame on its back?

I would probably invest in the quick release wheels, remove the pole, I don't think you need to remove the backpack but it depends on how big your car is. I have a compact but it's a hatchback so I just remove the pole and I'm set

Latest posts