• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Shorter Truth

Chief OS is billed as a putter but flies like a stable mid. Glidey but not as long as the Truth.

And I agree about the Truth, that thing bombs.

So I've tried out the Compass. It's not bad. It's actually a little more stable than I thought it'd be with a harder fade.

I'm actually testing out the Ghost/Gauge combo, too. They feel nothing like the Truths and Verdicts; more dome and the Ghost has a bead. But it's not bothering me too much. They both have amazing flights and the Ghost is like a Roc in premium plastic.

I use a DGA Breaker (your Suspect) for shots that are too short for a Buzzz. If your Suspect is too OS and not long enough for what you need, the Discraft Ringer is straighter and carries further. Nice and shallow.

I agree with the last post. Old-school small-diameter mids like the Spider or Classic Roc are probably exactly what you are looking for. Point and shoot from 100-200' without a lot of glide. Good luck finding a classic roc any more, but I think that Spiders are still in production.

If still looking for suggestions, I throw truths/verdicts but they are fast and fly far. I throw envys for shorter drives/approaches. Envy is probably more equivalent to the older truths or emacs, so I'll also say the proxy/pure would work well here, more like the current truths. I throw a beat envy for the straighter spot, though.

One note, if you fall for the truth, you might not be able to abondon it for long ;)

If you like the feel of the Truth but don't like how it powers down, try a Warrant. I bag both, and they feel the same to me. Both are the same speed and have about the same distance potential (the Warrant might actually go farther), but the Warrant's understability keeps it much straighter when it's powered down.

Latest posts