• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Something heavy for the front of the cart?

WeatherWimp

Bogey Member
Short version:

I want something(s) useful to have on a golf cart that adds up to 4-6 lbs, or counterweights I could easily attach towards the front that are not bulky. Any thoughts?

Long version:

I have a Zuca/DD EZ Cart with the storage area under where the bag sits.

Because of the RR cooler I put on the back, towels hanging off the handle, and putter pouch that sits on top of the cooler the cart tips every now and then back towards the handle, especially on a downhill. At least moreso than I want and I'd still like to mount my phone to the top of the handle.

I don't want to remove the cooler or pp and I'd like to not have to worry about tipping...even though I know removing this junk would help.

As a test added 6lbs of marbles (hey, it is all I had at my fingertips on the way to the course) to the storage area underneath. Problem solved.

Marbles are not the most useful on the course and take space away from throwing jackets and whatnot for the autumn, so any other ideas on something to carry? Maybe:

• In the storage area or in my bag that'd add weight and be useful?
  • Or perhaps counterweights I could mount under the cart or around the little tubing in front that'd be out of the way?

I do already have about 6 discs in the bottom.

Beer. As much as you can fit.

At least it won't be tipsy for the first several holes until the beer is gone.

A sledgehammer.

Then you could pound your cart into the ground on a hill.

thought, add to the front legs of cart on the inside 2 sledge hammer heads that are 2.5 pounds each. Use metal fastener things you adjust on one side to hold a water bottle cage to bikes missing that part and use two longways and two the other horizontal way on either end of the sledge hammer to be sure they are on well.

Is the inside of the front frame tubes accessible? Fill with sand maybe?

I would think mounting some steel plate to the front lower frame would be a viable option.

From a usefulness perspective, what about mounting some water bottle holders to the front? That way you would have more water than you were likely to drink.

Latest posts