Canton, IL

Spoon River DGC

1.25(based on 5 reviews)
I was hoping to post this message in the reviews section, but now that this course has been classified as "extinct" on this site, there no longer seems to be a way to do that, so hopefully people will be able to see this on the wall. This course has indeed been long gone for a few years now, and was nigh unplayable for years prior to that, and had received some negative reviews here between 2009 and 2013. But this course was really nice when it was first established. I was fortunate to happen upon it in 2004, just after it was established, and it became one of my favorite places to disc golf. I was almost always the only one there (I only saw one other person on one occasion), and I always had it all to myself. I would always do the 18 holes in Canton Big Creek Park, then hit Spoon River College on my way home. It was a lovely place for a few years, and I adored it so. Unfortunately, the tee signs and baskets started to gradually disappear. Since I knew where everything was supposed to be, I kept bravely playing it for a few years afterward. Finally, just a few years ago (it is May 2021 as I write this), Spoon River College built some new buildings on a significant chunk of where the course had been, and the course was no more. I just wanted you all to know that it really was a wonderful little course at one time, it was loved and appreciated, and I still miss it to this day.

Latest posts