• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stable Driver, but not too overstable?

Bugz36984

Birdie Member
About 2 weeks ago, I completely changed my bag. I was focused to much on carrying a disc for every shot, and was attempting to throw a lot of high speed drivers that I had little control over. I spent hours and hours at a field the other day just working on slowing my approach down, and focusing on a slower, smoother form. Needless to say, I've lost about 50' off my drive, but I'm dead accurate. Went from Cannons/surges/forces to Hysteria's and Teebirds. However, my hysterias are extremely stable! Flies similar to my forces, just a little shorter in distance since I've powered down quite a bit. Long story short, I need something between my hysteria and my '10 Star teebird. Im getting my Hysteria about 375, and teebirds about 350. My hysteria is a meathook, and I have a teebird that I can get a beautiful S out of, one that flies dead straight with nearly no fade, and one that turns over nice and slow. Any suggestions on something inbetween? Looking for a distance driver or fairway driver, not necissarily looking for big D. Just something I can control, get a striaght line out of 350+ with a nice predictiable fade, less than that of my hysteria. Any advice would be appreicated.

Sounds like you want a PD/Freak. A brand new S line PD is very straight with a healthy fade, a new P line PD has some turn with a predictable but not huge fade. They get longer distance than the teebird/eagle speed discs without losing much control.

stable

I throw stable to understable I DO NOT HAVE A BIG ARM so i stopped throwing 12, 13, and 14 speed drivers went to big glide control drivers lat64 saint, cd craze and td rush, along with my sidewinder, qjls, beast and rogue i have a boss and hurricane that i use for sidearm only to hook right

If you like the Teebird I would get an Eagle. Champion would probably be the best bet. It would be slightly more stable than your Teebird and it's still a 7 speed fairway driver.

Lot of recommendations for the PD but Isn't the PD more stable than the DD Hysteria?

If you're liking the star teebird pick up a champ teebird at the same weight and if you want one more stable than that get a max weight champ glow.

Depending on how weak your arm is, I've found something special in the
Gazelle.

I have a 166 S DD that wasn't too O.S. It's probably the most controllable fast disc I've throw. So... Maybe a lighter DD?

Millennium SJLS would start out like a broken in TB and wear in to be incredibly straight.

The new MVP Volt starts out less overstable than a TB or DD but is very straight and controllable.

Alternatively, grab a P or S DD and intentionally beat it up. Broken in DD's are beautiful. Excellent glide but still predictable.

PD's start out fairly overstable in my experience so that's one you might have to intentionally wear in if you tried one.

My hysteria is a meathook, and I have a teebird that I can get a beautiful S out of, one that flies dead straight with nearly no fade, and one that turns over nice and slow. Any suggestions on something inbetween? Looking for a distance driver or fairway driver, not necissarily looking for big D. Just something I can control, get a striaght line out of 350+ with a nice predictiable fade, less than that of my hysteria. Any advice would be appreicated.

So, you need something that will fly straight (i.e. no turn) and then fade predictably without being a meathook? I agree - champ E-X or TB, in max weight. Should do that for a long time before you beat them in (at which point TB will lose fade, E-X will gain turn), but that should be a while.

With your distances, you could also go up a speed to a distance driver. FL could be good too if thrown hard enough.