• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Starlite still around?

nothinbuttree

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Does anyone know if Innova is still making discs in Starlite plastic? Cannot find a starlite wraith anywhere, but there do seem to be Star wraiths available in 150g class weights.

So as a second question, would a 150g star wraith be the same as a 150 starlite wraith? By 'same' I mean flight characteristics. The starlite I have is a perfect fit for my release speed and angle, but alas it is old (like me) and getting a wee bit flippy (again, like me).

Agreed. I have a low 160's Star and a 153 Champ X-out, as well as a handful of 150's and low 160's Pro Wraiths. They all seem similar to my wife's Starlite discs. The bubbly, styrofaom plate looking rims. I would recommend the 150 class Stars, but damn are the Pro ones fun to throw too.

From the infinite discs Q&A they did recently:
Q: Do you see yourselves stocking Starlite plastic discs again?

A: "Starlite" plastic was a name given to Star plastic when it was run in very light weights. Often that is accomplished by adding micro-bubbles to the plastic in the rim. The same process is used for Blizzard plastic, which is Champion plastic with micro-bubbles in the rim. From what we understand, Innova is simplifying by just calling Star plastic by that name, even when run in lighter weights. Same with Blizzard vs Champion. Usually a disc we receive now that says "Starlite" is from an old run. The newer runs just say Star, even when run in very light weights. So, what you'll want to do going forward is just look for Star discs in light weights. It's the exact same thing, just calling it what it is instead of marketing it as something different.

I have ordered and had in stock Starlite Bosses every month for the past 5 months. Not sure if Innova West "found" thousands of them all of the sudden, or they actually ran and stamped them during that period. They sell out pretty quick when we get them in. As for the other molds, they definitely have not been run with the Starlite stamp in a long time, and what Infinite said.

I just bought two 159g Tbirds from Innova, it never said Star Lite but when they showed up they have the Star Lite stamp.

If they are Star and lite they are star lite. :)

Latest posts