• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this one for a friend in the Rebel Disc Golf Club.
CIMG8663.jpg
[/IMG] and this one to spice up an old eagle in my bag.
CIMG8662.jpg
[/IMG]

a tallpat design on a first run 176g vector. I had no idea what kinda dye he was going to do. I just gave him the disc and said to have fun with a crazy dye, ya know something different. well Tallpat definately knocked this dye outa the park!! Thanks bro..
Its a copy of the Aztec calendar...

Attachments

• vector.jpg
    vector.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 115
Nice NorthernDisc, the GT is a pain to work with! And Koogs I like the eagle, more and more I'm simplifying the dyes going in my bag. When you spray the fairway like I do they need to be easy to find! :p

a tallpat design on a first run 176g vector. I had no idea what kinda dye he was going to do. I just gave him the disc and said to have fun with a crazy dye, ya know something different. well Tallpat definately knocked this dye outa the park!! Thanks bro..
Its a copy of the Aztec calendar...

question about a dye like this because i have a problem with the vinyl staying put- how do manage to weed something like this and keep those fine lines in place?

a couple new ones that I did recently.
Red Star Leopard and the Blues Brothers on a San Marino Roc
Hope everyone is having a great holiday season.:)

Attachments

• DCP_2183.JPG
    DCP_2183.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DCP_2184.JPG
    DCP_2184.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 59
I'm still new to dying. I have only dyed roughly 10 discs. I used the painting method I saw on youtube for the orange disc and pan with heat method for the white disc. Pointers are welcome.
395342_2422048952512_1290090329_32119046_1070970735_n.jpg tw.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still new to dying. I have only dyed roughly 10 discs. I used the painting method I saw on youtube for the orange disc and pan with heat method for the white disc. Pointers are welcome.
View attachment 19869 View attachment 19870

On the blue one when you dipped there was some air bubbles. Another short dip will usually get rid of those without changing the color too much. Good job dude.:thmbup:

Thanks guys. I had trouble with a swivel blade for the xacto knife so I use a box cutter which gives me some good straight lines. Where is a good place to find powder of all colors? Wal Mart in my area usually only has black and some random color I don't use.

I never have been able to get used to the swivel blades, they have a mind of their own! Craft supply stores are your best bet for dyes, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby and the like, smaller discount stores can have a treasure trove of old RIT, or direct from RIT online.

Jjadisc, nice work on both of those. The Blues Brothers Roc, the blue background really helps make that disc. And I like the leopard stencil, that disc should be in the cool dye combo's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.