• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippiediscdude

Eagle Member
You know you want to share! Lets try to get a pic of a dye up here every day! I've got plenty, and I know there are others out there with a stash as well. Doesn't matter if its old or new, yours or some body elses. Who cares as long as its a sweet disc. Post more than one a day as well if you want. Lets try to see how big of a stash of sweet dye pics we can create!

I'll get it started.......

Meditate
I did this about 3 years ago and always thought it was a sweet looking disc. It was also one of my first multicolor dyes.
DSC00158.jpg

i like it. i think i need a disc like that. it would help me remember to relax and have fun, no matter how i was shooting

Alright Hippie, I'll help set this off!

IMG_0175.jpg

This was my third dye ever, super proud of how it came out to this very day!

Its after midnight here so I figured I would try and keep this going and throw up another one. This was a challenging and intricate dye job. Did it for a buddy on a first run Groove and then a year or so later I saw some body else buying it out of a used disc box at the course for $8!
DSC00414.jpg

Jermy- the bottom of the Optimus disc makes it look spraypainted- was it? Or just a weird bleed? I really like that disc dude- 3rd dye ever? wow

So I've had some ideas in my head for a long freaking time, and I wanted to try something out in the early stages before I put any real work into cutting and buying the colors I need etc.

So I took 2 discs out of my backup stash (I keep extra discs that are specifically to replace anything I currently throw in a separate box for easy access) and I mixed up about an ounce of purple liquid RIT and roughly an ounce of acetone...in a diet cherry vanilla dr pepper bottle...empty and washed out.

I then essentially dripped the mixture onto the discs to see what different things I could create. If I hadn't been looking for different effects I would just have had some SWEET spatter marks, but I wanted to step it up and see how controlable the stuff was free hand. The answer is: If you want to take the time and patience you can work with it, otherwise it runs together and looks like you spilled coffee etc.

Total time from the time I stood up and left my desk until I was sitting back down taking pictures: 7 minutes.

4603791548_0bbaeb7c6c.jpg

4603183343_6fda1467dd.jpg

In person it looks like somebody spilled red wine on my discs...but I kind of like it. I may play with these discs more at a later date. Especially if I can find some damn pink dye locally.

\/\/

Guys maybe this belongs on another thread... how the hell do I post photos? I hit the clip art box and it asks me for a URL any direction would be very much appreciated

Royden - you have to set up a pic hosting account at a place like phototbucket.com. You upload photos you want to their site, and they provide the URL you seek. PM if you have any questions.

Sweet dyes gentlemen!

Ok I'll play. Did this one as my first multicolor dye and I still have it in my bag. Wish I still had the dog lost him to cancer last fall miss him every time I play.

Attachments

• dougs disc 004.jpg
    dougs disc 004.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 382
  • crosby st park 09 128.jpg
    crosby st park 09 128.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 193
This is one I dyed for a free CTP in our local tourney.
Guy that got it almost aced hole #15 at the Herm with it on the maiden flight.

It is an Innova Star TL.

Attachments

• CTP STAR XL.JPG
    CTP STAR XL.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Here is my 13th dye, but the first one with my new vinyl cutter.

175 Teebird

Attachments

• 2010-05-10 19.20.29.jpg
    2010-05-10 19.20.29.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 423
I go out and create something in SEVEN MINUTES for you people and not a word? I mean I know they literally look like somebody spilled wine on some discraft mids...but come on people ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

\/\/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.