• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricaine

Birdie Member
Well boys, the season isnt over yet but its gonna be soon. Work is slow and i could use some entertainment.

Ill start the thread with this.

Jussi (discmania CEO) did an AMA on instagram a week ago. Both him and nikko revealed that they were in discussions but with nothing solid in plan.

Think trilogy will be losing or picking anyone up?

Lets hear the speculation!!

I wonder if Discraft will be keeping all the folks they picked up during the last off season. It seemed liked a sudden splurge or a "Hey were back!" move that wasn't entirely thought out. Getting Paul and Uli was big, and Hammes just showed his potential, the rest appear like a mixed bag. Do Hannum, Presnell, Barham, Earhart, and Turner really merit being on the "Elite Team"? Honestly, how do they match up with Innova's Star Team? I think there could be some movement or I could be completely wrong, we'll see.

Not sure we'll see much notable movement, at least compared to last year. I would not be surprised to see more of the Europeans being signed the big manufacturers.

My bet on Nikko is that he is working on a paid, mixed-bag deal. He could (theoretically) get "minor" mixed bag sponsorships from a handful of companies and make a pretty decent living.

I think the McBeth signing was a one-time splash in the pan deal. Future stars will have some sort of mixed bag deal with multiple sponsors. It may take 5-10 more years to get to that model, but I think that is the way our sport is headed.

I like Dickerson with Prodigy. He's become one of my favorites to watch. I could see Clemons switching since he doesn't fit the trilogy mold. But, I could also see trilogy throwing money at him to stay.

Salient is making a comeback, and they're going to sponsor Lloyd Weema!

Chris Clemons could be a name to watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to Discraft. He's good buddies with Presnell and doesn't seem to fit the bill of the annoying DD social media always in your face cult.

I was just thinking, after watching Worlds and HOF, how much I enjoy watching Clemons play... but why does he have to play for Dynamic?

I'd be happy to see him go pretty much anywhere but MVP/Axiom.

With the year up and down year she was having(a few early wins in smaller events but not great in elite series), it wouldn't have surprised me a bit to see Hokom move on from MVP but she had a strong finish... They had better get her an Outlaw replacement soon though...

#throwGYRO

With the year up and down year she was having(a few early wins in smaller events but not great in elite series), it wouldn't have surprised me a bit to see Hokom move on from MVP but she had a strong finish... They had better get her an Outlaw replacement soon though...

#throwGYRO

or some mids that dont suck

#throwGYRO

eh they would probably take that away like half their line up anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts